PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide Pet Supply

RhondaJ
03/12/2001, 08:14 AM
Has anyone ordered corals from them. What do you think of thi place.

KenT
03/12/2001, 09:56 AM
I bought live rock from them. I went to pick it up though. They have the most interesting rock but what was dissapointing was the left all their rock in the styros in the isle out of water!! So if you order online you will recieve dead or almost dead rock. I picked up a few times but called to see when they got it in. Not impressed with their livestock. Fish looked stressed and battered, corals not so hot. Just my experience.

BigA
04/08/2001, 02:35 AM
Never ever will I place an order with Worldwide Pet Supply or DHL. They will change thier story every day of need be. I just had to send a letter to VISA disputing a charge to WWPS/DHL for a 5/55 coral deal that was 4 days late!!!

I called WWPS almost everyday for three weeks and couldn't get a credit. Finally after three weeks I found out that DHL claims that I wasn't home when they tried to deliver. What a lie. I will be getting phone records on monday if i can to help with this.

Beware of WWPS and DHL.

If they say it's coming DHL overnight tell them to just send it UPS ground. It'll get there faster, IMO.

BigA

Fishrat
05/27/2001, 10:41 AM
Last Week I visited World Wide Pet Supply's retail location. It was my first time there, and I the purpose of the trip was to scope out their coral selection and their liverock. (they sell coral frag's 5/$55, and their liverock seemed inexpensive) Let me tell you, I haven't ever been more disheartened. First, the store was such a mess, with garbage everywhere and prices on nothing. When I finally did wade my way to the Coral / Liverock Dept. I found "walt smith" liverock curing in boxes on the floor. No, I don't mean boxes full of water.... just the boxes they were shipped in back in January. The US Air dates on the boxes were actually Jan 6th. When I inquired about their "cured" liverock, they pointed to the boxes on the floor and explained to me that all I had to do was put it in my tank and presto.... My filteration problems would disappear. They even went as far as opening the boxes to show me their was still life on the rocks. (The rock was soo old it didn't even smell anymore.) Anyway... I just felt like venting. I hope this helps someone else steer clear of a big mistake. My advice, Paragon Aquatics for liverock... best stuff I've ever seen and Mike is so helpful too.

Kermit
05/30/2001, 08:58 AM
Yea,

I have been there to and was totally disgusted. Did you get a load of the skimmer department? Full of open boxes and stuff. Websites can do wonders to clean up a stores image. Take from us who have been there, don't order anything from these people!

Joez
05/30/2001, 09:54 AM
They failed to refund me for a broken item and another item I shipped back to them; wouldn't even return my e-mail or phone calls (the 800 number on their site was disconnected, at least for a couple of months last year).

It's not surprizing that their store is a mess; their business sure is!

Kermit
05/30/2001, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't even consider this place decent by LFS standards, sick fish, dust and mess everywhere, birds flying loose and doing their business on everything! Stay away!!!!

DukeDog
06/01/2001, 08:51 PM
Wow thanks for the warning.
Jeff

NaCl
06/27/2001, 12:06 PM
i placed a web order with them and haven't been able to get them
to answer the phone or anything! i don't even know if they got the order, shipped the order, or what! i will always refrence this
board before i buy anything MO again. this is the most inportant
source of information for people looking to save money and
frustration in reefkeeping. many thanks!!!

NaCl
06/27/2001, 12:14 PM
i placed an order with them a week ago and they won't answer
the phone!

SciGuy2
06/27/2001, 02:11 PM
Not only does DHL blow, but it sucks also.

I heard their song and dance 5 months ago and am still peeved at their lies. I had an overnight order delivered a day late, in winter, everything dead. I called DHL, they said bad weather delayed flights and so they were not responsible, tough darts on my loss. There was no weather related delays in the U.S. at that time, I checked. I followed the package via tracking - it sat overnight 7 miles from my house at the airport (was at my airport 10am on a Tuesday and delivered to my house Wednesday at 4 pm). I told them about what I saw on their tracking database - they'd give me free shipping on my next shipment, but no replacement of my livestock. I also specifically asked if they would gaurentee overnight service to my area - they said yes. So I called the place I ordered from they were cool, they replaced the livestock and gave me another DHL tracking number.

Same darn thing, package sent on a Monday, delivered to my local airport Tuesady morning and then scheduled for delivery on a Wednesday. I called DHL late Tuesday after I saw that it was scheduled to be delivered the next day and asked what was up. The DHL rep. finally took a deep breath and said that they used a second party courier to deliver to my address (7 miles from the airport) and they'd most likely never be able to get a package to me overnight. I drove to DHL and picked up my package. I was told to write corporate about the issue. DHL sent me a form letter saying stuff about "not responsible about weather related delays". I wrote back about the second party courier delays and not weather...they sent me the same form letter a second time. I gave up - except I will never buy stock in DHL and will never send anything DHL!

Sincerely,
Upset in Oklahoma

pillions
06/27/2001, 02:23 PM
Oh and by the way... Becareful if the MO store uses DHL and tells you 10:30am delivery. When DHL says "most deliveries made before 10:30 am" this mean businesses receive by 10:30am but residential could be later in the day. When I called the toll-free line looking for my package, she said it would be delivered by 3:00pm.

During the Arizona summers, the back of a delivery van sees a huge temp increase from 10:30 to 3:00pm

-CP

GSerg2
08/31/2001, 11:27 AM
I would advise everyone NOT to do business with them. I have been double-billed for an order and can't get hold of anyone there by phone or email. Been trying for three weeks now. I finally called my credit card company and put the charge in dispute. Figure I will let them handle it.

Just my experience

Snailman
08/31/2001, 04:41 PM
There are lots of great places to do business with and they are not one of them. Do a search here and you will find things like this.

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=24434

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=17739

davelin315
09/03/2001, 01:13 AM
I think they are lousy business people. They never answer the phone and are constantly blaming others for not relaying messages or saying that the person who you left the message with was fired (that is when they do answer). Try calling after business hours. For some reason, they seem to answer after they are closed. By the way, if your credit card company cannot get a hold of anyone, as mine was unable to do, they may not credit you. MBNA would not do anything because they said they couldn't get in contact with anyone there.

jellyfish4me
09/03/2001, 02:29 AM
I was just about to order from them myself, until I just did a search here. LOTS OF BAD EXPERIENCES & A CROSS BETWEEN BAD AND NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!! PLUS, Every post I read about people that have actually been to the store say that the store is a mess,dirty, livestock is sick & live rock is DRY! The rock is stored OUT of water until someone buys it !?!

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

THEN I checked them out using there TRUE phone number
203-723-0078 at www.BBB.org (Better Bussiness Bureau) and this is what they say...

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints.

REPORT DATE: 08/23/2001

PHEWW! Glad I didn't place that order!

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Reeefer
12/08/2001, 07:15 PM
I will never ever ever order anything from them again. I tried ordering DT's Live Marine Phytoplankton from them. The key word is tried. I placed the order originally around the end of October. They had a notice saying they were moving locations and wouldn't be shipping until the first week of November. Well, the first week came and went. I had no DT's so I tried calling them to no avail. The phones weren't working? Maybe two days later I emailed their customer service dept. A week after that I had received no response from them. So then, I tried emailing a person that was supposed to satisfy you with an answer if customer service had not. Well, needless to say it's about 6 weeks since I placed the original order and I have never heard from them. Hope this saves someone else the trouble.

Snailman
12/08/2001, 08:26 PM
Sorry to hear of your problem but you are not alone. Try the search button at the top of this page and it may well save you some trouble next time. Most of the places are good but there are a small number of problem ones too.

reefkeeper2
02/15/2002, 05:11 PM
I recentlly tried to make an on-line purchase at World Wide Pet Supply in CT. Tried is the appropriate word. After waiting 2 weeks for my delivery, I tried to call them. No response on any of their phone lines. I wrote an e-mail to their customer service and got run arounds, delays, and no answers for three more weeks. I would have cancelled a lot sooner but I was looking for a vortex diatom filter model xl, and everyplace else was out of stock. I found it today at That Fish Place so goodbye forever World Wide Pet Supply. Save yourself a lot of time and trouble and pass these guys by. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

NittO
02/15/2002, 07:12 PM
I placed an order with them on 10-01-01. I ordered a Vortex filter because they said that it was in stock. I had it shipped for next day delivery. I called them 2 days later and got no answer. I sent them an email and they said that they were moving but that they should be sending out orders shortly. Well...in the next few weeks I tried emailing them and calling them. Their phone number was disconnected. I have been emailing and trying to call them since and I still cannot get ahold of them! They have my money and they refust to give it to me! I emailed them last week and got a response back that they would email me back in a few days, that they were really busy. Well...I STILL have not heard from them. If any of you have not gotten what have ordered, please P.M. me and let me know. I am in the process of getting a list of people together and I am going to contact their state Attorney Generals office, the BBB, and yahoo ( that is who they do their billing thru).

Kevin