PDA

View Full Version : Free Montis at the January Meeting

o2manyfish
01/03/2005, 07:01 PM
Hey Folks,

I have been fighting the Monti Nudi's for a year now. And I am tired of losing the battle.

So I am giving away all my remaining montis. I have about a dozen pieces left.

You can pick them up at this months MASLAC meeting.

I have digis, encrusting, and caps left.

These are free... For the unusal pieces I just ask for a frag back in 6 months when I will hopefully be Nudi free.

These monti may have Nudi's on them. I will point them out, it will be much easier to control them in a smaller system, and to dip them or QT them before adding them to your system.

If you feel guilty I will accept Zoo's :)

Dave B

hail_sniper
01/03/2005, 09:16 PM
lol i may be able to spare some zoo's (ill post a pic soon, let me know if you like them), what kind of dip would you suggest, (ive been wanting monti's for a very long time now) would you be able to hold a monti cap or two for me ? :)

o2manyfish
01/03/2005, 09:19 PM
No holds - Just need to get the out of the system while I can - The sooner they are gone, the sooner the clock starts for me getting them back.

Sorry,

Dave B

benonmsn
01/03/2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by hail_sniper
what kind of dip would you suggest, (ive been wanting monti's for a very long time now)

i suggest a cheddar jalepeno dip, myself.

probably a freshwater or iodine

hail_sniper
01/03/2005, 09:58 PM
i cant get my camera to work, but i grew this small colony from a single zoo no larger than the size of a pen tip, and now have it to about 20 - 25 polyps and to about the size of my thumb and would be willing to give this small colony to ya (i found a pic, but it isnt very recent, its maybe a couple months old, but you sort of get the color)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/hail_sniper/87d7d387.bmp

mcsock
01/04/2005, 10:32 AM
fresh water dips and montiporas are not a good thing. I have killed a couple of them in the past using FW dips. Iodine seems to effect the nudies. I had them and they do seem to be gone now...atleast I have no corals that are showing any signs of damage from them.
Sorry to hear about the losing battle Dave. In a few months, about the time you might feel it is safe to restock, some of my monti's should be fragable size, will gladly give you some frags.

bookfish
01/08/2005, 12:25 AM
I'll send you some of mine when you're ready and I'm sure my fellow club members will too.-Jim (Bay Area Reefers)

cmagallon
01/08/2005, 09:53 AM
Dave<

I want that tri-color monti! LOL LOL LOL

hail_sniper
01/08/2005, 03:33 PM
you'll have to fight me for it :P LOL