PDA

View Full Version : Anemone starting place

Joluko
12/07/2001, 08:35 AM
Hey all,

I plan to keep anemones sometime in the future. Any recommended material for reading? Found a lot wonderful info here in the forums but I need something more 'structured' for reference.

I.e., What kinds of fish "<b>can't</b>" you keep with an anemone?

Thx in advance,.

Joluko

"C'mon Honey, It's Not That Big". ---- Last thing
my wife heard before I brought the tank home.

Rebel
12/07/2001, 10:52 AM
Do a lot of searches on this board--in this forum and others. Dr. Ron has a booklet published about anemones. You can order it at Amazon.com. I forget the actual name, but it you look up
-Marine Inverts: 500+ Essentials to Know . . .

You will find it. I think the two books can be bundled together.

There is also the studies and books by Wilkerson and also Fautin. I am short on memory right now or I could give you the names. I think Fautin's book is
-A guide to clownfishes and their host anemones

Try those.

HTH,
Jason

timandmichelle
12/07/2001, 11:47 AM
The Joyce Wilkerson book is Clownfishes. It contains some great info on clowns and their anemones. You can get it at Amazon.com for $23.06. I would definitely recommend it. As for what fish you can keep with an anemone I have kept a flame angel and a bi color angel with a condilactus anemone, and they seemed to be fine. I now have a tank for just my condy, saddle back clowns, and some corals. Other than that, I can't really say as I haven't had experience with other fishes or with different anemones. I know that it is not usual for a clown to host in a condy, but I was fairly inexperienced when I bought him and listened to the LFS that sold him to me. I got lucky that he lived and prospered (turned from completely white to a light brown color once his zoo came back) and that the clowns took to him. HTH

Michelle