PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

jenghes
01/01/2005, 12:44 AM
Wiahing you all a happy new year!

Jen

Mike_McBrien
01/01/2005, 11:48 AM
Got any newyears resolutions? I didnt make any other than I need to get my new tank up sometime this year lol. ( i am so lazy sometimes)

Happy newyear!

Gobydude777
01/01/2005, 12:59 PM
To set up a reef tank while every one else in my family has gone the diet route.(I'll be amazed if that lasts more than a week.)

jenghes
01/01/2005, 03:44 PM
I need to cure my phosphate issue this year. I still have no idea what is causing it! Maybe my rocks or sand???

sox fan
01/01/2005, 07:02 PM
I'm with tjghes, my phosphates are wreaking havoc in my tank.

jenghes
01/01/2005, 08:36 PM
any clues on yours, soxfan? I am constantly fighting diatoms and a little red slime.

I just started trying macro in my sump. I have red graceliera (sp?) and calerpa. I need some cheato, I hear that fish doc's have some.

Jen

sox fan
01/02/2005, 07:54 PM
I bought some carbon from Turtles on Sylvania Ave and I believe it polluted my tank with phosphates. I asked the owner if it was reef safe and she said " Yeah, I use it in all my tanks". A few days later I had diatoms, hair, some brown slimy algae, and some very interesting bright green algae! I've done many water changes, bought a bigger skimmer and feed very seldomly and I still have an algae problem. I always use RODI water so it can't be my top off water. I don't have any room in my sump for any macro or anything else, so I'm kinda stuck with no direction to go in:sad1:

Gobydude777
01/02/2005, 10:17 PM
Isn't Turtle's purely FW???

sox fan
01/02/2005, 10:46 PM
Nope. One side is FW the other side is SW. I found them because I was looking for a cleaner shrimp. I bought a blue tang and a flame angel from coral reef. After I got home I noticed a couple white spots on them, so I called every store in Toledo looking for a cleaner shrimp and Turtles was the only one that had them in stock. The good news was the shrimp cleaned off whatever was on my fish, but the bad news was the carbon she sold me really messed up my tank. I'm never going there again, damn LFS are worthless!