PDA

View Full Version : Question about BTA

tom dylewski
12/06/2001, 07:29 PM
I just got a BTA for my 75. However, the LFS had it in a tank with 2xVHO and 2xNO... My 75 has 2x250W Iwasaki and 2x110 VHO actinic. The BTA has moved itself into a small space betwen two rocks with an overhand (picture the symbol pi). I am guessing it is just adjusting to the increase in light by hiding out. I assume it will move out of the spot once it becomes used to the light level in the tank. If not, could someone give me advice on what to do? My GS maroon clown *immediately* took to it... She can't get into the tentacles yet (they are almost in the sand), but she will not leave it's side ('cept for food of course :) ) Also, I plan on feeding silversides soaked in selcon twice a week, as from what I have read this would be a good feeding regime.

TIA

Tom

Gary Majchrzak
12/06/2001, 08:41 PM
I just performed a similar operaton on aBTA. They will extend after 2-5 days right under 250 watters.

jbf16falcon
12/09/2001, 10:01 PM
It may or may not move. The place you described it's in now pretty well fit's the bill for what a BTA likes. It will extend it's tentacles towards the light as it adjusts to the conditions of the tank but most like their foot in a crevice or place with an overhang to draw up into. I've found that more of mine that are in a similar location are more apt to withdraw and split than the few I have that have a foot in the sand. (Just an observation of those split in my tank) But I am just posting saying that silver sides in selcon is good but not quite the varied diet I like to feed. I like to give mine cut shrimp, squid, scallops, and of course a gourmet protein feast of MYSIS shrimp soaked in Selcon, rolled into a mouth watering ball and gently dropped right in the oral disk. I can almost hear a sigh of satisfaction emerge as they close around it.