PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for CVRC improvement

essop3
12/30/2004, 07:51 PM
I am sure everyone has a few ideas of how to further the club. If everyone gives a few ideas I am sure there will be a few that may work. Here are mine.

1. A resource library. I have a few beginner books that I am willing to donate to get it started.

2. A club website. I am sure this would require some additional fundraising from dues or somewhere but it would give everyone a place to show off their tanks, auction previews and share information.

lets hear your ideas

LowCel
12/30/2004, 08:32 PM
Not bad ideas. I really like the one for the resource library.

If you look around this site some there is a thread pretty much about this already. There are a bunch of ways to improve the meetings. We are always open to hearing more ways though.

As for the website this is sorta it. This is where we show off tanks, ask questions and share information. Also prior to the meetings there is generally a thread where people can list what they have to trade. Could also start a thread with whatever anyone wants to sell.

Since there are no dues and most likely never will be it's sort of hard to fund a website. If there are no dues to pay there will most likely be a lot more new people and beginners at each meeting that probably wouldn't show up if they had to pay to be there.

odoprelude
12/30/2004, 10:51 PM
not to mention we have a part of the Jo-Mar's website... http://members.aol.com/jomarspets/, but between reefcentral and that...

Maybe we should do a raffle for extra funds for the club?

essop3
01/01/2005, 10:03 PM
The website probably would be more hassle than the current system and I agree about dues too.

If anyone else is willing to start a library I will drop off my books next time I go to Jo Mars.

1package
01/04/2005, 09:26 AM
Could also start a thread with whatever anyone wants to sell.

Is this Reef Central Legal? I always see threats to move threads. I kind of does not make since to ask the entire world if they have a heater or pump for sale when shipping would kill the price, same thing for frags.

Can there be a WTB or selling thread within this forum?

If so, I think it would be great. Nearly everyone I talk to is looking to buy, trade or sell something, it is just never mentioned formally with the exception of the Foxface thread that I kept expecting to see get jerked out.

LowCel
01/04/2005, 09:46 AM
Could always pm a moderator and ask them. Just mention that it will be in the club forum. I have seen for sale items in other club forums so I don't think it will be a problem but who knows.

LowCel
01/04/2005, 09:46 AM
Oh yeah, Cliff started a thread about his filter on here and that was never pulled. I ended up buying it.

coralreefer
01/04/2005, 11:44 AM
The majority of the club forums have WTB/FS posts. Look at CORA right now for example.

A lot of people post for sale/trade threads in their local forum first then the general selling forum.

As far as I've ever seen this has never been a problem with RC. Just don't spam 15 different clubs with something you're selling.

I always see threats to move threads

They are just moved to the sale/for trade forum since that is where they belong instead of the new to the hobby forum, etc.
That way the various forums stay on topic and the item for sale doesn't get lost.

firefish2020
01/04/2005, 02:09 PM
I think your ok as long as you dont have a business or are not promoting one. Thats why you never see any posts about sales or arivals at the shop. The only way to get a heads up on that is for me to IM you privately. (By the way guys we called ORA and we wont be getting any ORA for a while Im afraid, I cant say more than that at this point.)

Im sure the mods will let us know when and if we cross the line but I see nothing wrong with a "FOR SALE" or "WANTED" thread so go for it.