PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Coral Selection in WI???

jandlms
12/27/2004, 07:03 PM
Did anyone catch the ad in the Green Bay Press Gazette classified ads this weekend? The ad was in the pets section and advertised Wisconsin's greatest coral and invert selection. The phone number to call was 920-388-0342. I tried the number and got a very mushy voice message that I couldn't quite make out. Anybody know anything about this????
jandlms

DiverD rufus
12/27/2004, 08:44 PM
Just talk to him on the phone sounds like a great place with very big selection and good prices. He sounds like a very nice guy I'm going to check it out well worth the drive it sounds like.

moujon
12/27/2004, 10:54 PM
The phone number is for "Coral Boy Farm" here in WI, who is in partnership with Custom Aquatic (in CA-and a RC sponsor).

z28cam
12/27/2004, 10:57 PM
Where is he located? Is this a store or someones house?

moujon
12/27/2004, 11:10 PM
Don't know, but here's the link to the page on their website about it:
http://www.customaquatic.com/livestock/indexcoral.asp

Coral Boy Farm comes up with a location in Kewaunee on the AquaArt Aquarium website. Hope that helps.

iceman5
12/28/2004, 01:21 AM
if it is the guy i am thinking off. a friend of mine from work has been to his house. and he has a workshop there. a couple 300-400 gallons tanks and adding more. somewhere over by two rivers or manitowac? that is if its the same guy. i remember him saying he was going to have a website called coral boy. It sounds like he has a awsome setup. so if this any help???
and i heard he is a pretty good guy????

MiddletonMark
12/28/2004, 07:38 AM
Never heard of coral boy ...

Personally, I've always gone to Gooch's for the best stuff, but I know he's been busy + less going on recently.

Interested to hear about `coral boy farm' ... also what his red bug situation is.

A few WRS and MARS members run propagation set ups, I know of one in WRS with a heap of SPS and who is a very nice guy. I'd be sure to check those out too - as reefers give prices much better than stores IMO.

DiverD rufus
12/28/2004, 09:21 AM
That's the guy he said he has a 1200 gal and some 400's and some 125's and a 75. He said prices are better than the site if you pick up the stuff. He also said he has the best and biggest selection in the state and after talking to him I believe him.

MiddletonMark
12/28/2004, 09:32 AM
What does he carry?

Captive propagated?

DiverD rufus
12/28/2004, 09:35 AM
I don't know I will be going there within the next couple of weeks I'll let you know,he said to call before you come so he makes sure he'll be there.

MiddletonMark
12/28/2004, 09:45 AM
Where is this located in WI?

Do let us know about it ... I'd be very interested. Heck, use us as an excuse to go there :D

DiverD rufus
12/28/2004, 09:52 AM
North of Two River a ways you'll have to call him I can't tell you how to get there all I know is you turn east on G off HWY 42 . Call him and talk to him he seams like a really nice guy he'll tell everything you want to know.

Zombies026
12/28/2004, 10:38 AM
This place is out by Brillion and White law...I think I might know who this guy is..But wonder why we haven't heard of it before hand...Hmmm I am gonna call now and head out there today or tomorrow....

DiverD rufus
12/28/2004, 11:09 AM
No it's not, it's between Two Rivers and Kewaunee east of hwy 42 on Lake Michigan. I don't think any of you have ever been there he just started selling to the public.

iceman5
12/28/2004, 11:59 AM
diverd rufus is right my friend was over to his house already a couple months back

Calhoun99
12/31/2004, 11:22 PM
I was at his place today. He has a very large selection of corals. It was worth the trip. Very friendly.

jandlms
01/01/2005, 04:56 PM
I visited yesterday and was very impressed. Great assortment and good prices. Sorry to the zoo and ric fanatics as he had litle to offer, but great SPS, LPS and softies. The owner is unfamiliar with RC and this new club, but he was very interested in both. He was agreeable to my idea of possibly hosting a meeting in a few months. Very agreeable after I mentioned how many were likely to come to the meeting. Give him a call and check him out
jandlms