PDA

View Full Version : I have to sell my tank:-(

nilaszewski
12/27/2004, 06:00 PM
Like the post says, im selling my new reef tank. I started setting this up in september and have to sell it now because i live in a dorm and keep the tank at home with my parents, they will be moving soon and will have no place for it in their new, smaller house, and i cant have a 40 gallon reef tank in the dorm room, its agianst university policy. I would like to sell the whole thing together because it is a good setup and works well together. You get everything.

The tank is an AGA 40 gallon long(same as a 55 but 4 inches shallower) with a wood stand.

A 48" 220w Compact flo light with 2 55w 10k's and 2 55w antinic's.

The sump setup is made from to 12 gallon rubbermaid tubs that are connected by a large hose. One tub is for the fuge, the other houses the jebo, 180 gallon skimmer, the 300w heater, and the mag 5 return pump. I also have a quiet one 3000 pump that you get. You get all the drain and return houses and pieces.

You get my coral life digital thermometer and a magfloat glass cleaner.

I also have half a bag of instant ocean and half a bag of southdown as well as some misc. bottles: PH buffer, stress coat, photoplex.

I have a few pics in the photo gallery but the tank looks different now so i will post new pics...there is more rock now as well as better sand.

The thank has lots of xenia. There is a nice mushroom and some zoos. I also have an SPS growing that i will post pics of.

Now for the price...I have between 800-1000 into this setup and is all less than 4 months old. I will let it go for the highest offer.

FlipFlops24/7
12/28/2004, 10:02 AM
why dont you just take it down but hang on to it? Are you a freshman or sophomore? Won't you be getting an apartment soon? You should just store everything for now until you get an apartment on campus. I think you will regret selling it.

I Pm'ed you.

Zombies026
12/28/2004, 10:33 AM
I second that,keep it some where safe just let go of the live stuff...Man u would kick yerself in the arse if u let it all go...

nilaszewski
12/28/2004, 05:40 PM
the problem is i have no where to store it. I will be gettin an appartment next fall and will have a summer job this summer. I figure i will look over the space i have available in that apartment and what is allowed and then just buy a different setup. Some places have size restrictions. It would be better than i just sell the setup right now. I was wondering if i could still be in the club though? I knwo i wont have a tank but i will agian evenntully and still want ot be up to date on whats going on.
Any offers anyone?

nilaszewski
12/28/2004, 06:14 PM
all PM's answered and here is some pics... http://home.earthlink.net/~tlaszewski/reef/

Stigmatic
12/28/2004, 06:24 PM
you can always store it at my house :-D
I have a 45 im storing in the basement as well that will be setup.

nilaszewski
12/28/2004, 07:25 PM
i honestly need thew money right now to pay somr of my 1600 credit card bill as well. Most of which is from this tank and the intrest is killing me!!!!

nilaszewski
12/31/2004, 05:45 PM
http://laszen03.hollosite.com/ here is a link as well as the other link i think you can get a good idea. Make offers, i can frag more xenia i have a bit more if people are intrested. Otherwise, it will come with the LR i am going to sell when ther frags are gone. I will also be selling the LS.

I have a brittle star, a sea star, and an emerald crab for sale too. Im selling everything alive.