PDA

View Full Version : New Anemone

lamphere
12/26/2004, 06:46 PM
What kind is this. It wasn't to healthy when i got him on the 24th. Came from MMR. This is my first anemone and any input would be appreciated. Trying to make him happy.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/75748anemone002.jpg

SHOmuchFUN
12/26/2004, 10:56 PM
Could be a rock anemone...

Try posting in the Anemone and clownfish forum.

Dave Marzjorack (spelling?) Knows all about them.

Looks like either a rock or BTA to me.
-Erik

Brad A.
12/29/2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by lamphere
What kind is this. It wasn't to healthy when i got him on the 24th. Came from MMR. This is my first anemone and any input would be appreciated. Trying to make him happy.

Just curious as to why you purchased an anemone if it didnt look healthy from the begining?

lamphere
12/29/2004, 07:01 PM
I didn't know it wasn't healthy when I got it. I am new to the hobby and it was sold to me as a lta. I am very happy with MMR and I wanted to get the anemone that the maroon clown was hosting in( I purchased the clown about a week earlier). It was an easy mistake to think it was an LTA given its poor condition. So I'm just trying to get it back to health. Its starting to look better already.

SHOmuchFUN
12/29/2004, 09:58 PM
Anemones are very sensative... Hopefully it will make a comeback for you. I lost one of my saddlebacks the other day. That was kinda rough for me cause I was really looking forward to having them.

lamphere
12/30/2004, 09:09 PM
Sorry to here that. The anemone has passed on as well, last night. Was looking better than it was over. My water tested ok, I guess it just was its time. I'll try again sometime and make sure i get a good looking one as I know what to look for now.

SHOmuchFUN
12/31/2004, 11:05 AM
If you're ever unsure about something, don't be afraid to ask one of us to tag along with you to give you an unbiased second opinion. You'll soon find (if you haven't already) that impulse buys can prove to be very expensive in this hobby. It's best to do your research beforehand, knowing what you want... Then waiting for it to show up in the LFS display tanks, or just tell them what you want and know will work in your tank. I know that Bruce and Drew are both good about trying to get what you want...

Although Drew is still looking for some black perculas for me :rolleye1:

lamphere
12/31/2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks, I'll be a little more careful next time. MMR is the best! Bruce took care of me. I wasnt mad or anything as these things happen and didnt expect anything but he gave me some store credit and i picked up a yellow tang and some yellowish green hairy polyps. I'll try a BTA again but i'm going to wait a bit. They are the best at MMR and I wont buy anywhere else. If you want to take a trip sometime they have black perculas at a FS down near my sister in Mass.