PDA

View Full Version : seio power heads

pappygonefishin2002
12/22/2004, 07:06 AM
Just thought Id let everyone know about the results I have had with the new power heads! For those of you that dont want to put out the kind of money it takes for a tunze. I have had 2 of these high flow power heads going for several months now and the results are fantastic, the heads look like a tunze pump and can be installed in many different fashions to suit your set up. They cost was approx 40.00 a head for the 650 gphs and has dramatically improved water flow throughout the tank. I was so use to having that jet stream from the other power heads that when I first installed them I didnt really think they were that great. But the more gentler volume of water flow over a larger area has made for less tank maintenance, and much happier corals , and growth. For just a few $ more you can get the 850 gph but , it comes with a little more operational cost as per wattage. At this point I would use nothing else , unless it be a tunze, although I do have one regular head that pounds the back tank wall............Seio Power Heads ... from Marine Depot;)

LowCel
12/22/2004, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the review Cliff.

It's not always about being about to afford a Tunze or wanting to put the money out for them though. Tunze's really aren't good for tanks under 75 gallons. For tanks smaller than 75 gallons seio's or closed loops are the best. I have read a lot of good reviews about the seio's.