PDA

View Full Version : Kents new "coral" food

firefish2020
12/22/2004, 12:35 AM
Hey all, we got in Kents "PhytoMax", "ChromoMax", and "ZooMax". And as always I have started testing the product to make sure it is all it's supposed to be. The PhytoMax looks and smells really powerful, and concentrated. 1 drop does 50 gallons according to the directions. They say it's perfect for sps corals, but it's real advantage may be in keeping certain softies like gorgonians, mushrooms, palys, and ricordeas colored up. My advice for anyone using it is to be very careful, as this is prime fuel for diatomous algaes and cyanos if overdosed. If anyone is using any of these products please chime in with your opinions and or observations regarding their use. I will update this thread with my results as I learn more.

Thanks,
Ron

pappygonefishin2002
12/22/2004, 06:14 AM
I have been using zoomax for quite some time now, I still cant say much about its effect because Im also feeding marine snow and coral accel, but I think it is photomax that I shy away from for the specific reason you mention, either it or chromo became a diatom nightmare with every addition. Although it may be great for corals, I still like to be able to see into the tank LOL! Would love to hear your test results though, especially on the zoomax

odoprelude
12/22/2004, 09:57 AM
how much do each of those run?