PDA

View Full Version : Pink/Red carpet Anemone for Sale/Trade

Pinkskunk
12/03/2001, 01:10 PM
I live near Boston, MA. I have this monster bright pink/red carpet anemone for at least 9 months now and he is wayyyyyy tooo bigggg for my 4.5' tank. His base is as big as my neck, when fully extended, he is up to 18" DIAMETER. He is reaching a point where he has no room to expand and is about to kill my other corals.

This thing is very healthy and mouth is TIGHTLY closed.

I am looking for large BRIGHT red/pink ROSE ANEMONE to trade with this guy. I want large cuz i have enough room at the mid and upper level of my tank, but the bottom is very crowded.

I believe he is a Haddoni specie, but a pic of it will be posted tonite after i scan it to my harddrive. I dont have a digital camera so it might not look as good as it would with a digital camera.

YOU MUST HAVE A HUGE TANK TO HOUSE THIS monster.

Serious and advanced anemone keepers only. I will not trade with those who DO NOT have MH in their tank. He is under 400w MH.

Picture coming tonite.

lv_vuong@yahoo.com

Pinkskunk
12/03/2001, 09:00 PM
here it is.....

Pinkskunk
12/03/2001, 09:03 PM
another

Pinkskunk
12/03/2001, 09:12 PM
another

Pinkskunk
12/04/2001, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone,

A few people asked whick pics showed the true color. The third (last) is the true color (using the yellow tang as a color of reference). The first one with plan 6500K 400W. The second with actinic, the third with 6500k, and 1200k all on at the same time.

I will not be able to ship, as this will cost alot of money to ship overnite (although it is your cost). And i am not in a situation that i can pay to get your rose anemone.

Therefore, i much prefer local people. New England people will need to meet at half distance or my place if you prefer to see it before you take it.

Thank you all for your interest.

Gary Majchrzak
12/04/2001, 01:45 PM
I 'm intrested. I have alarge reef -220.Is this animal in the sand? What are the host clowns?I have a nice bright PINK rose bubble-tip anemone.Myreef's center light is a 400 watt lamp.I also have cloning regular bubble-tips. Shipping would not be as bad as you think because the transport bags DO NOT have to be FULL of water.I have spawnig ocellaris clowns.

Pinkskunk
12/04/2001, 06:01 PM
answer is yes for both of your questions. Pic 1 said it all.

Shipping with this season is a bad idea.

Gary Majchrzak
12/04/2001, 07:34 PM
Hey -the weathers been outstanding! Overnight from Boston to Rochester isn't expensive. I'll toss in some Acro frags.Montipora? How 'bout a 400 watt halide pendant??? I do treat all my anemones with the utmost respect! Oh well- the local shops get shipments all year long inall kinds of weather.Your anemone would have room to grow here -- but I can understand if you want to trade locally. I LOVE anemones so please stay in touch.

Aquaman
12/05/2001, 06:02 PM
Sigh, Wish I was a little closer, I'd love to have that little baby, It would go quite will with my other one of about the same size! I'd have a better chance at them spawning next spring. BTW the red colored Haddoni anemones are very, very rare! who ever gets this baby treat her well.

absolutc
12/09/2001, 05:54 PM
Anyone claim this beauty yet? Im intrested if no one has. I have a Beautiful blue carpet thats about that size. Looking for a red one to go with it :)