PDA

View Full Version : comming home for christmas

triangleman26
12/03/2001, 01:24 AM
Hey guys and gals I'm comming home for christmas and I was wondering where to go when I get home where are the best fish shops and if I can jump on the sand bandwagon I relly need some stuff to set up my new tank. I live in Colorado now and there are a few places to go to here. But, everything is so dang high. Any recomedations on some stores and sand would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Don Davis
12/03/2001, 10:58 PM
Hey triangle, what's up? I don't think there is a "Best" fish store in OKC. They all have their +'s and -'s.

The Reef Shop in OKC, and Aquariums in Edmond usually have a good selection and the prices vary, kind of pricey sometimes. Crystal Clear in Norman has a pretty low selection, but decent prices, and the owners are just fun to BS with. There are a couple other stores around, but they aren't really worth the time.

It's really a crap shoot around here. We usually see the same old corals come and go in all the stores. But every once in a while someone gets something good in. That's how they keep us coming back to look at the same old corals week after week.;)

There is absolutely no SPS in the OKC metro area!!!:mad2: Same with sand.

Have a nice trip,

Don

triangleman26
12/04/2001, 12:44 AM
Hey thanks for responding I will definetly check out all those shops I bet they are alot cheaper than the stores here in Colorado. Do you know anybody that has southdown sand or anything around there I can not get it here maybe I will see you around. Thanks again!

Don Davis
12/04/2001, 09:25 AM
We have to go to Dallas to get our Southdown. There isn't really much of a reef scene here in Oklahoma. Driving to Dallas or mail order is your best bet. Fish stores are for killing time around here.:(

Don

Kyle McClain
12/04/2001, 03:15 PM
I have 42 pounds of sand that I don't need. It's left over from setting up a 500. It is collected in the same place the southdown but is processed by a company who just sells it wholesale to the reef aquarium industry. 25 buck for bag.

Kyle

Colin
12/04/2001, 06:21 PM
Hey Don,

Check with Leigh Anne at Aquariums about SPS. I think she or her husband is into them and you might be able to get some frags.

--Colin

Colin
12/04/2001, 06:29 PM
Double post.

Don Davis
12/05/2001, 02:03 PM
Colin, thanks for the lead. I will talk to her about it the next time I am in there. I secured a 200 gallon tank last night that will be dedicated to SPS. Now the fun begins!! :-)

PS- I still have your frags set aside.

Don