PDA

View Full Version : Brain Coral Doing Alright???

Ruminari
12/20/2004, 02:18 AM
I picked up this brain coral a week ago from a LFS. At the store it had more of the green tissue showing than it has thus far in my tank. I was just wondering if I should be concerned about not being able to see the green tissue over the entire coral or if I should just continue to wait for another week or two. The corals placement is about halfway down in the tank and is about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way underneath the center bracing.

Tank Info - 55 gallon reef with 12 gal sump and 8 gal fuge. Running T5 4x54 watts. Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate all 0. PH 8.0 Salinity 1.025. Ca 450. Alk 11.5 dKH.

Here's a picture of it.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/41568brain-coral.jpg

Julio
12/21/2004, 03:31 PM
looks great overall, i would give a few more days, i am sure it is still ajusting to your tank, try feeding it towards the end of the day when the halides go off and just he atinics are on. Cyclops eeze would go over well.

hagfish
12/29/2004, 10:18 PM
Ruminari, has this gotten any better? I'm having the same problem, except I can actually see some white on the skeleton now. Just wondering if yours has improved any and if you did anything to help it.

Ruminari
12/30/2004, 02:07 AM
hagfish - I'm on x-mas vacation right now and am back at my parents house till tomarrow. I'll let you know probably on Friday how the brain is doing.