PDA

View Full Version : Kole and/or Hippo Tang

jfloydr
12/19/2004, 10:17 PM
Has anyone had any problems with a Kole tang. I've been doing some research and some people have said they can be aggressive. See fish list below and tell me what you guys think. I also want to add a small hippo tang. which should I add first?
Thanks,
Jeff

ade
12/20/2004, 09:13 PM
Jeff I had a Kole tang in my 180 with my hippo and they got on OK until a very large brittle star took him out for lunch. Then I took out the star. Sorry that I couldn't get the hippo the other day, As soon as I can catch him then I will give you a call. If I don't speak or see you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Ade

jfloydr
12/20/2004, 10:48 PM
Just call me when you get him and I'll pick him up. I'll be out of town on New years weekend. I'll talk to you later. Happy holidays if I don't here from you.

jfloydr
12/21/2004, 09:24 PM
I got a Yellow Tang today and I will add the Hippo whenever you catch him ade. After that is probably a pearly jawfish and maybe a blackcap basslet.

ade
12/21/2004, 10:16 PM
I would go with a mated pair of jaw fish but I would love to have a blackcap. I think that I need another tank.

jfloydr
12/21/2004, 10:20 PM
Did you get your Fu Mancu yet ade. J had one today. It looked full grown. Maybe 5-6".

ade
12/22/2004, 11:06 AM
I looked at it and it did not look too happy in the bag. So J said that he would keep it for me. I will wait to see if it will survive and then take it home and hope that it does OK. It was just what I was looking for though.
Ade

jfloydr
12/22/2004, 07:56 PM
yead it did look like it was floating wierd. 2 of my sand stars legs are rotting off. I guess it will die. Is there anything I can do to save it?

ade
12/23/2004, 10:15 AM
I am not sure but I have heard of poeple cutting the rottern part off and the leg will grow back. Not sure if I would do that myself though. Looked at the fu manchu yesterday and it was still alive. Still didn't look good enough to take home yet. I am so glad that J is so good to us. I did get my 50/50 PC bulb yesterday and put it on my 25 and the cols jump out at you now. Your zoos that you gave me show their true cols.Thanks Ade

jfloydr
12/23/2004, 10:29 AM
he is still moving around and burying himself and the rotten parts fell off so there is nothing to cut. I'll keep an eye on him and see how he does.

ade
12/23/2004, 10:39 AM
Whay are your plans for the holidays? I was wondering if I catch that hippo are you going to be in town? How is you tank looking are you pleased wit it?

RUFISHY2
12/23/2004, 01:31 PM
Not to jinx anything (Is that how you spell jinx), but the fumanchu is looking great this morning, and is chasing around a green chromis that made it through the drain down into his tank. (He's abit too quick for the lion though.

manderx
12/23/2004, 04:31 PM
rotting starfish are usually from acclimating too quickly. they are extremely sensitive to salinity changes, and really should be drip acclimated if possible. and always check the starting salinity to get an idea how long to acclimate, i've seen it freaky-low from some wholesalers.

jfloydr
12/24/2004, 08:36 AM
If you catch the hippo I will be here until next friday, the 31st. If you can't catch him by Sunday don't worry about it until I get back, I'd like to be here for a good 4 or 5 days to keep an eye on him and make sure he is getting along with everything else.
Thanks,
Jeff

ade
12/24/2004, 08:58 PM
I see him but I think that he/she has the force on it's side.