PDA

View Full Version : Wish I could have made it

lamphere
12/19/2004, 12:00 PM
I was bummed I couldn't make it to the meeting but I did get some sweet deals from some of my sister's contacts in Mass.. I picked up a coralife 4x65w PC for $150 and a CPR Bak-Pak skimmer for $40. I also got some frags of Zenia and a red mushroom and a fairly good sized rock covered with button polyps. I can't wait to meet you all. This is my first reef tank and I'm loving it!:D

SHOmuchFUN
12/19/2004, 12:18 PM
Congrats!
Enjoy the setup of your tank... A lot of it can be overlooked when bumming about how much you spend on it, but adding the liverock, watching the tank cycle and adding it's first pieces of livestock is the best part of the hobby in my opinion. I keep reminiscing about how much fun I had watching the live rocks for movement when I first put them in. You don't get that feeling again.

We had a pretty good turnout and saw some neat things. We're planning on getting together a more "structured informal" meeting together at someone's house (Brad volunteered, but this may be a little bit of a shock to some newbies systems :D)

We'll hope to see you there!

lamphere
12/19/2004, 04:06 PM
Not much would shock me after seeing my sister's friends system all plummed with like a 500 gallon or so sump in the basement, looked like a hot tub, LOL.

lamphere
12/19/2004, 04:12 PM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/75748tank1204001.jpg

My tank after 1 month.

mike

Brad A.
12/19/2004, 04:41 PM
looking good!