PDA

View Full Version : PE vs. Sally's Mysis

orkspace
12/02/2001, 07:53 PM
Is there really a big deal between PE and Sally's mysis? I can get Sally's mysis cheaply and easily, but the PE stuff is going to be much harder to acquire.

Oh, and what exactly should I use to "enrich" the mysis? Selcon, or something more exotic?

Thanks!

Guy
12/02/2001, 08:00 PM
I can't tell the difference.

But my fish can... My Banggai spit out the Sally's and relish the P.E. I don't understand it but how do you argue with a fish???

Airel
12/02/2001, 08:10 PM
I can tell a HUGE difference. When I first started in Seahorses, Sally's was the only brand available. PE was just being distributed and was hard to find. They did eat the Sally's, but it was in pieces and about the size of adult brine shrimp. I had contacted Jason at PA and asked him about the PE mysis and gave him Patsy's email address. Before I knew it, Jason was emailing me back that he would have the PE in stock!! Now, that is GREAT customer service!! I ordered the PE from Jason and I was VERY impressed with it. The shrimp are about 3X's the size of the Sally's and hardly any pieces. Most are complete shrimp. The horses LOVE it and so do all of my other fish. The nutritional make up is unbeatable. You won't find a more nutritious food for your horses. You can start with the Sally's....they should eat it. But I would continue to search for PE. PE does not have to be enriched. Some enrich with Vibrance (from Ocean Rider), but I do not enrich at all. The Sally's does not have the nutritional value as the PE and probably would benefit from enriching. Selcon should be just fine.

Best of Luck,
DeAnne:D

clowntang
12/03/2001, 05:18 PM
Orkspace,

I recently found PE website and be able to place an order, but the min order is 19#, so far I've managed to find a friend to pool in this order. If you're interested in getting a few pounds of these greatest mysis shrimp, drop me a line. Your cost is about $5 per 8oz, versus LFS such as Nippon in SF is selling $11 per 8oz.

orkspace
12/03/2001, 10:23 PM
Sure -- I would purchase three packs @ $5 each.

Maybe we try to get Aquarium Concepts in Hayward to stock PE mysis?

I appreciate the offer.

Daniel Neal
orkspace@hotmail.com

JennM
12/22/2001, 10:45 AM
There is NO comparison. PE is far superior.

I've even got a testimonial up on PE's website: www.mysis.com

Jenn