PDA

View Full Version : Trimming my Acropora

MiddletonMark
12/18/2004, 08:21 AM
Hey -

I've got to trim my LJ purple tip and blueish-tip millepora-type Acropora soon as they want to grow into each other ... so I will have fresh-cut frags of these two available for the next few weeks [until early January?].

PM or email me .... maybe we can trade or I can get you started with a few frags to try if you don't have anything to trade.

If it's late January, you may be too late ... but ask me at a MARS meeting, I'll have to trim again eventually :)

---
FYI: I treated for Acropora red bugs this summer and have not seen any since mid-July [or their effects].
The LJ purple-tip is from Warren, who kindly gave me frags a year and a half ago. The millepora-type I think I got from Jim K of WRS when he took his tank down ... unsure on exact source info.

MiddletonMark
12/21/2004, 06:41 PM
Two folks have come through already, two more yet. :)

I have a frag or two left of the LJ purple tip, some others ... depending on what is left.

Do have a couple softie frags too ... and would be willing to trade/sell quite a few more things ... but the LJ purple tip and millepora-type I still have for free or trade.

I'll probably be out by the end of the year ...
`last call' for the free/trade trimming frags :)

superlazy
12/28/2004, 08:49 PM
Did I hear free?:)
I'm in Kenosha would you want to ship?

MiddletonMark
12/28/2004, 08:52 PM
Can't ship, my work hours conflict too much :(

But, if you're going thru the area ... let me know.

superlazy
12/28/2004, 09:04 PM
I don't think I'll be up that way anytime in the near future, I just figured that if you had time to ship it would cost me a lot less than I'd spend on gas ;)
If you don't mind, next time I take the family to the dells maybe we could meet up and maybe do a little trading.
Thanks

MiddletonMark
12/28/2004, 09:06 PM
Sure thing, or maybe at a WRS meeting?

Unsure when I'll be at a meeting, but do try to make the speakers as I did pay those membership dues.

Let me know :)

MiddletonMark
12/28/2004, 09:10 PM
For all additional folks tuning in ... I may have some LJ purple tip frags available, but the rest of my trimming frags are accounted for [got a number of PM's :)]

I do sell some more exotic frags, love to trade, and I don't see an end to free xenia and chaetomorpha ... but my current trimming is pretty well accounted for once I meet up with everyone.

Until the next trimming installment ...

superlazy
12/28/2004, 09:21 PM
Sounds good thanks

wrassie86
01/20/2005, 08:30 PM
Mark
Any of the purple tips left? i may have a trade or two for ya.

MiddletonMark
01/20/2005, 08:51 PM
In fact, I do.

Heck, could trim the darn thing again ... about ready to get rid of it - grows too fast/large :)

But yes, I have a couple ready - not really encrusted much, but cut and stable for a month or so.

As for beyond that - let me know what you have for trade. I bet I'll find something I like.

wrassie86
01/20/2005, 09:17 PM
Well heres what i have for now.but some really colorful ones in a few more months

green bottle brush.encrusted on rock about a 1 inch tall branching

table acro(?), peach with blue/purple tips,white poylops browned out after i got it a few weeks ago.could cut off a nice piece.

yellow scroll coral,genorus piece.not a Acro but still sps:D

yellow digita

That what i have for now.some nice up and coming including tort,but not ready yet.anyway let me know,or might be willing to buy or owe ya:D

wrassie86
01/20/2005, 09:26 PM
O one more

purple lace gorgodian <-spelling, good tall piece