PDA

View Full Version : Grand Rapids Stores

kelliek
12/18/2004, 02:57 AM
Can anyone provide me with a list of the good fish stores in Grand Rapids? I know I should visit Chow Hound, but I found 3 addresses for them online, which one? Any other suggestions would be great too! Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've never been to any fish places in GR and am visiting a friend.

Kellie

Fishguru
12/18/2004, 05:13 AM
I can give you a list of stores, but cant advise as too quality, as i have never bought any fish from there. I do know the chow hound on Jupiter Drive near plainfield doesnt have anything fish related worth mentioning. I know there is a store in grandville/jenison area that has a lot of saltwater stuff, but dont know address, believe it is called solomon seas..... go to michiganreefers.com and contact (SP) solomonseasaquarium, and he can give you his address. VI Pets has 2 stores. One on Plainfield near Jupiter, and one on Division, I think near 68th st. There is another store just north of the one on 68th opposite side of the road, but not sure if they have saltwater stuff even. Thats all that I know of currently, but if i get a second to look it up in a phone book, i'll repost-Brent

battplus
12/21/2004, 12:37 PM
Soloman Seas in Grandville on wilson, great saltwater only store.
Ecco-reef in Zeeland is another excellent store. Personally I would'nt recomend VI pets, the prices are too high and quality of livestock is usually poor. Chow Hound is also one of my favorites, but you really need to let Scott know what you want, everything gets cherry picked.

Talk to Chris at the ecco reef and Bob and Keene at soloman seas.

Mike

Fishguru
01/11/2005, 09:08 AM
Mike, you wouldnt happen to have any colt coral, or sinularia, or some other LPS that has a Tree Type shape to it would you? I am in need of some for a new 35 Hex, want to make it the center Piece. Let me know, we can work something out. Brent

benjavan
01/15/2005, 02:39 PM
Please visit Scott at Chow Hound when you come to Grand Rapids. It is on 28th street at Eastern. Chow hound is always very supportive of the club!

skippy2
01/15/2005, 02:53 PM
I second Chris at Ecco Reef in Zeeland.