PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Marine Environments of Biddeford?

FishyIdea
12/16/2004, 10:13 AM
I have the opportunity to buy a 6' 125g acrylic tank with cabinetry made by this custom tank vendor ($800). It's a freshwater system that I would have to convert and it is about six years old.

Their website www.marineenv.com makes them seem like a class outfit. If they are top quality, then I suppose it might be a better deal than a similar reef-ready AGA modern oak setup which is about $1200 new.

Any of you guys got set ups from them? Are you happy with the quality and aesthetics?

Thanks,

Joe

portcityreef
12/16/2004, 12:37 PM
I have had some experiences with marine environments. Jim Harris, the owner is good at what he does. The quality of his tanks are very nice which is why I had him custom build a tank for me a couple of years back. The cabinetry is also some of the nicer stuff out there as well. its along the lines of all glass' modern series or oceanic stands. IMO a little nicer and you can have him custom stain it to match anything you want. Where the tank is 6 years old make sure it is one of the tanks he built, I know he was doing this before he came to maine but hes only been here for about 4 years........ otherwise i would say try it out.

FishyIdea
12/16/2004, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply. Always good to check things out with reefcentral.com.

Take care,

Joe