PDA

View Full Version : Newby to Reef Clubs so help me out.

The Shrimp X
12/13/2004, 03:36 PM
DOes it cost any thing to join the Hampton Roads Reef Club? I originally tried joining the Richmond one but found out that there was one closer to Suffolk, so decided i might be better off here:D so once i find out how to join and stuuf were are the meetings? How often are they?

Ok let me start this over.

Hi my name is David Wilkelis I am 14 have been reasearching reefs for about 3 years now, my 29 gallon reef tank has been running for a little over a year. I love reefing but disliked how know one i really knew had any intrest what so ever in reefs so once i came to reef central i learned more and more. and made a few Friends. But a little while ago i found out about reef clubs and would love to join one to learn more and be able to have real, person to person conversation about reefs and Marine biology.
Any help/ info about the Hampton Roads Reef Club Would be lot of help so thanks. sorry for righting an essay but i really like the idea of actually meeting more people in person that like reefs to.:D

jake2045
12/13/2004, 08:47 PM
Sounds like you joined already to me. Welcome aboard!Not alot of us here, but some great people. Please feel free to pm me if you have any needs. Jake

The Shrimp X
12/13/2004, 09:55 PM
k thanks. by the way ne1 know when nd were the next meeting is? i would love to go to one.

P.S. what all happens at the meetings? Frag trading? Just talking? What kinds of stuff?

waterlily
12/14/2004, 10:13 PM
Our group just kind of started up a few months ago and it is very informal. Amber started up the group, but she is getting out of the hobby and it looks like not much is going on. I hosted the last meeting, but there were problems with directions and only 2 people ended up coming. At present we do not have another meeting scheduled. I could host it again (this time I would post directions so there would be no problems with people not getting pm or e-mail), or someone else could.

What happens at meetings? We eat, chat, and trade frags. One time we made fish food. I'm up for suggestions.

Welcome to the club!

The Shrimp X
12/15/2004, 04:10 PM
oh thats cool. i noticed that the last meeting was in CHeasepeak (sorry for bad spelling) well i live in Suffolk so Cheasepeak is good since its alot closer than Richmond or Norfolk lol. ya so i still have a few more questions.

1. Is about frag trading. How would i bring my frags in? in bags? in a tub? i am kinda confused? lol.

2. how often are meetings usually held?

3. Any thing besides frags that i would need to bring?

thanks for all the help you guys this sounds like such a fun idea.

waterlily
12/16/2004, 05:20 PM
1. People usually bring frags in ziplock sandwich bags. Of course, enough water is put in the bags to keep the frags submerged. If you do this, be sure that the bag is not leaking or else double or triple bag.

2. We do not have a meeting schedule yet. We have only had a total of 4 meetings so far. We need people to host the meetings though. I'd like to see them every 1-2 months.

3. Would depend on what the activity planned was (if there was a particular activity planned).

It does sound like a fun idea. I'd like to see this group get 'off the ground' so to speak, but we don't have a chairperson/leader right now to be the person to make decisions. Maybe this is something we could take care of at future meetings.