PDA

View Full Version : Special Thanks to Everyone at Meeting 5

firefish2020
12/12/2004, 09:32 PM
<center><h2>CVRC Meeting #5</h2></center
<center><h1>THANKS TO EVERYONE</h1></center

I would like to thank everyone for coming out on a cold day. I would also like to take this time to thank everyone who helped pull this meeting off. We saw some new faces this time as usual and had a comfortable total turn out of around 50+ or minus. The auction went smoother and quicker and we almost have the process down, paddles made a big difference.

<h3><b>SPECIAL THANKS to Mr. Jordan</b></h3>
For providing a place for all of us to meet, swap, and trade.
Also thanks for the refreshments and prizes, and for putting up with all of us in general :)

<h3><b>Set up Volunteers:</b></h3>
These individuals helped behind the scenes and made sure things ran a smooth as they could have.
Maria, Barbara, Bruce, Matt, Mary, Jason

<h3><b>Audio Visual Setup:</b></h3>
Lana and Husband
You guys helped more than you both know from cookies to audio/Video you deserve special thanks. The projector was perfect and helped greatly.

<h2><b>Special Thanks</b></h2>
To Kevin for bringing in and donating the Neon Caulastrea for the frag demo. EVERYONE who got a piece of this needs to PM him or chime in here or on the "candy cane frags" thread with a thanks. That thing was really nice and you won't get one of those free from to many people ever. Above and beyond in my book and it was not planned at all.

<b>Thanks to Amy for the donation of sand to "Project Reef Tank", and Lana for the base rock as well.</b>

<h2><b>Auction:</b></h2>
Chris you did a great job for the first time out :)

<h3>I thank each and everyone of you and hope you had some fun and got some nice frags in the process. Keep watching the forum for the next meeting date.</h3>

<center><h1>Happy Holidays</h1></center>

odoprelude
12/12/2004, 09:49 PM
GREAT MEETING, GREAT MEETING!!! Okay, now... Hit the showers!! hehe... Hey, enjoyed it as always. Ya know, I never win anything except at the reef club meetings! Anyone have any questions about frags from seller #5, just PM me!

LowCel
12/12/2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, thanks Ron and everyone else for everything!

I hope they all go this smooth.

pappygonefishin2002
12/13/2004, 05:39 AM
Great meeting and great job all ,everything went smoothly, very nicely done, and some very nice frags....Thanks Ron, Barry , Kevin, and everyone who participated in this most successful meeting......MERRY CHRISTMAS

LowCel
12/13/2004, 08:33 AM
Oh yeah........Ron, thanks for taking the time to talk about flow some. Also, thanks for the demo on fragging the lps. That is the only "type" coral I have never fragged so I enjoyed having the chance to learn something.

Kevin, thanks for donating it. There aren't a lot of people willing to donate such a nice coral and ask for nothing in return. Just wish I could have got a frag of it for the nano......oh well, next time. :D

Also, not too many people brought in water samples. If anyone wants I can bring my TDS meter and refractometer in again next time. Just let me know.

MattG
12/13/2004, 10:27 AM
thanks everyone for your contributions! Especially Ron/Barry.

coralreefer
12/13/2004, 01:46 PM
Thank you guys so much for "putting up with us in general". I hope Barry knows just how much we do appreciate this.

Ron once again you did a wonderful job with your talk and the fragging demo.
As we've seen, CVRC is teaching people all over the Tri-State about propagation techniques :lol:

The changes look like they really made a difference but next time give Chris a set of fake tickets OK :D

firefish2020
12/13/2004, 07:12 PM
"but next time give Chris a set of fake tickets"

LOL
I don't think I have ever seen anyone as lucky as this guy.

LowCel
12/13/2004, 07:25 PM
Now how could you say he is lucky.....just because all three of his tickets won.......... btw..........how was it that none of my tickets won??????

firefish2020
12/13/2004, 08:24 PM
"how was it that none of my tickets won??????"

Ummmm just an idea here but,
Because your unlucky :D

LowCel
12/13/2004, 08:27 PM
Oh.......I guess that could be it. :(

odoprelude
12/15/2004, 11:04 AM
that's not true Bruce, you had a winning ticket! (Warranted it was mine, but I gave it to you!!)

LowCel
12/15/2004, 12:03 PM
LOL yeah......now mention what it won. :rolleyes:

odoprelude
12/16/2004, 07:22 PM
it won a new person in the hobby a great way to start their refugium.. come one, man! Your helping the hobby with your kindness right here at home! I mean isn't that what Christmas is all about? hehehe... sorry, a lil Merry Chrismas Charlie Brown flashback... whew...

LowCel
12/16/2004, 07:34 PM
New person......that was Kevin. He's the one that donated the coral that was fragged.

You're right........what was I thinking. I'm sure you being in the Christmas spirit and all would have been happy to trade the Emperor for the refugium stuff right?????? :-D

odoprelude
12/16/2004, 11:16 PM
heh.. ahem.. uh... well, anyways, it's the thought that counts!

LowCel
12/17/2004, 07:03 AM
:lolspin: