PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Meetings

mpdharley
12/12/2004, 12:32 PM
Wanted to get some feedback on thoughts for the 2005 meetings.

To make it easier to plan, how about having the meetings on a set weekend -- I was thinking the 3rd Saturday of each month. This way all we have to figure out is where to have the meetings. The 3rd weekend should also get us around most holidays.

Speaking of holidays, what does everyone think about only having meetings from January through October. November and December get pretty busy for everyone with the holidays, so taking those two months off might be better for everyone.

Let me know your thoughts opinions and suggestions!

We also need ideas on what you would like to see/do for the meetings.

Have a happy and safe holiday!

Mike

chiapet
12/12/2004, 10:06 PM
I am pretty flexible so long as I have advance notice. 3rd Sat of each month sounds fine.

redfernsoljah
12/13/2004, 01:14 PM
I'd like to host a meeting early next year if possible.

patharm
12/13/2004, 04:56 PM
3rd Sat looks good, need to find someone to host the January meeting. Chiapet still need to cut off those Zoas. Let you know when I have time.

Pat

lh
12/13/2004, 08:43 PM
Third Sat sounds like a plan to me. I can host this spring or summer. I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Leo

redfernsoljah
12/13/2004, 09:54 PM
I think that was robert at Rob's Reef using my screen name that would like to host a meeting early next year.

redfernsoljah
12/13/2004, 09:55 PM
It is funnny that way forgetting to logoff the shop computer :)

redfernsoljah
12/13/2004, 09:56 PM
I will talk to Rob when I see him in the moring about hosting the January meeting. I will have him post here after I talk to him.

Stephen

chiapet
12/14/2004, 04:10 AM
If Rob is not able to host in January...then put me down.

Thansk

robwsup
12/14/2004, 10:43 AM
Ok here I am under my own login. I'll host January if you guys need a spot.

mpdharley
12/14/2004, 10:58 AM
That sounds great Robert! I'm planning on coming by the store this weekend to check things out.

So our January meeting is set for the 15th at Robs place -- I'm assuming the store. The meetings have been running from 2pm - 5pm, will those times work for you (Robert)?

Also, if anyone wants to host a meeting, just send me a note (PM or email) letting me know which month you want to host it. I'll get the info to Joseph and hopefully we can put together a calendar for the future meetings.

robwsup
12/14/2004, 08:04 PM
2pm to 5pm is fine for me.

redfernsoljah
12/28/2004, 11:18 PM
Had a member of ORCA come in the shop today. He mentioned that they are going to pull in some guest speakers that where authors and wanted to know if NEFMAS would like to participate. I am sure tha we could post something on ORCA board saying that we are interested if that is the case.

Stephen

duhjeepster
12/31/2004, 12:04 PM
I'll be joining you guys down at Rob's Reef for the meeting. Gives me an excuse to see the new store.

donald altman
01/22/2005, 11:27 PM
hey Jeepster.. we have a condo on the beach next to the ritz..... I live actualy in south georgia but get up there for the weekends a good bit.. . I also have family at the beaches.. I think I am going to try and join... I am glad there are people close in this hobby
(close to me is 1.5 hours away virtualy no Saltwater stuff here in Valdosta)