PDA

View Full Version : SPS frags

1package
12/11/2004, 09:06 PM
I was in Ann Arbor yesterday. They had acropora frags 4 for $60 or $20 each. Not ever pricing them personally, they were about 3 1/2" or so long. How is this price?

They also had them under 4 X 165w VHOs in two shallow tanks sitting side by side.

LowCel
12/11/2004, 09:09 PM
Thats a great price depending on what they are. However I would be afraid to put them in my tank. I would be too afraid of them bleaching out or rtn'ing due to the light change. They may do fine though.

Who knows, may be able to get some even cheaper than that tomorrow.

firefish2020
12/11/2004, 10:13 PM
Not a bad price at all if they color up and don't develop RTN. $20 for a 3.5" mystery frag would be great as long as it was kept in quarantine for a month or so. Problem is this you never know where the frags came from before they got there, what light, water flow they were use too etc. It would be very risky in my opinion. SPS are just so picky about change.

LowCel
12/11/2004, 10:15 PM
Honestly, I would have still risked it on the four for $60 if they were four that I don't already have.

firefish2020
12/11/2004, 11:07 PM
LOL of course you would :)

1package
12/12/2004, 12:22 AM
I did not quiz them too much about it. Actually I bought one and it is in my tank now. Not certain what it is, I will shoot you guys a photo so that you can ID. It is sitting about 3" from the top of the water.....and it was not from the store that sold me the elegance that resulted in what Ron predicted.......a quick death.

odoprelude
12/12/2004, 11:39 AM
Man, I hate to hear that about elegance coral.. such a beautiful coral.. my theory on them is that we have too much light and the water is too clean in our tanks to support them after a LOT of reading about them on here (the elegance coral thread is great but depressing) and other places..

Hmm.. let us know how that sps turns out!