PDA

View Full Version : Hosting January meeting and date???

mrpink44
12/11/2004, 02:15 PM
So far mherrb and jandlms have offered to host the first meeting in January. Do we want to try a week night, weekend day or weekend night???

Does anyone have any preferences as to beginning, middle, or end of month?? Obvisouly we'd have to make sure whatever date we pick would work with whoever hosts.

z28cam
12/11/2004, 02:51 PM
I think weekends would be good since im guessing most people will be working during the week. But thats just my opinion :)

Stigmatic
12/11/2004, 03:52 PM
weekends are fine with me.

z28cam
12/11/2004, 05:33 PM
I to would be willing to host the first meet.

Ok someone grab a hat and throw the names in it :)

Aquabucket
12/11/2004, 11:43 PM
Most reef clubs have meetings on Sundays. This would be about the only day I could attend unless its on a Sat. after 7:00 PM.

iceman5
12/12/2004, 12:11 AM
sunday nights would also work for me because i am on rotating shifts

mherrb
12/12/2004, 07:29 AM
I thought I might take the liberty to float an agenda for the first meeting, see what everyone thinks.....
:30 minutes introductions
:15-30 minutes host tank presentation and questions
?:?? Discussion on club structure and goals. Election of 'officers' or 'board of diectors'.
?:?? Open discussion (Frag swap, tank questions, whatever else...)
Again, this is just a rough idea for the first meeting only. Any day is fine with me, I work an odd schedule.

mrpink44
12/12/2004, 11:49 AM
Ok, besides being into reef tanks, I'm also a football nut (Go Packers, Go Jets) and I know mherrb is as well. Since Sunday has been brought up do we want to try Sunday afternoon meetings? If so, I propose Sunday, January 30th - There are no NFL playoff games as it's the week before the Super Bowl.

If anyone else has any ideas or suggestion, please post. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling with a date & location.

Since mherrb, jandlms, and z28cam all volunteered to host the first meeting which one of you really wants it??? I would say that since those three volunteered maybe they could be the meeting hosts for January, Feb., and March?? Assuming of course it works witth their schedule.

As for the agenda, it looks good. We'll also want to have some time to discuss the Feburary meeting.

nilaszewski
12/13/2004, 12:14 AM
sunday nights pry wont work out for me but i can deal with it. I usually go back to oshkosh for school on sunday nights and dont have a car so have to go when my parents take me. Its usually like 3-5 pm so ill already be in oshkosh. Unless someone here in oshkosh want to give me a ride everyweek to the meetings, like pick me up from the ghetto dorm that i live in!

Nick

FlipFlops24/7
12/13/2004, 11:26 AM
Nick, me and Stigmatic are from Oshkosh. Im sure we can all carpool together.

Aquabucket
12/13/2004, 11:38 AM
I am a football fan as well but if the Pack is not in the playoffs for long I could care less if I miss a game or two.

Games are also played on Sat. during the playoffs so I think we can work out a Sun. in Jan without a real conflict.

mrpink44
12/13/2004, 12:14 PM
January 30th is the only Sunday in January that there are no NFL games. The Sunday before is the AFC & NFC Championship games. I'm open to other dates if that won't work, but just figured a lot of peeps would like to watch the games.

I was hoping to get some feedback if others would want to do it on the 30th.....just hoping to finalize a date and location.

Aquabucket
12/13/2004, 12:43 PM
I think the 30th is a great idea and gives us more time to get orgainized and my frags to grow.

mrpink44
12/13/2004, 02:41 PM
I looked back through the threads and it looks like mherrb was the first to volunteer to host the meeting. I PM'd him and he said any time on the 30th would work if we pick that date.

So basically, I'm just proposing that we have the first meeting on January 30th at mherrb's (Neenah). I hope I'm not being to forward....just trying to help get things established as I know we're all pretty excited about getting going. If anyone objects for any reason, just post it. Hopefully this date will work for everyone!!

Zombies026
12/14/2004, 09:20 AM
Works for me..I'll be there..

jandlms
12/14/2004, 05:50 PM
I'm still willing to host the first (or 2nd) if mherbb is unable. Just post the directions and time for the meeting on the 30th. I can handle the february meeting if y'all are willing to travel to the wilds of GreenBay
jandlms

hiepvn54301
12/15/2004, 01:27 PM
Great job! You can count me in if I don't have my setup sold by then. also willing to host down the line.

mrpink44
12/15/2004, 03:21 PM
hiepvn - selling your setup? Any specific reasons?

Just curious.

hiepvn54301
12/15/2004, 11:01 PM
mrpink44- going to build my own acrylic tank,skimmer,sump from scratch. Can't decide between a reef cube with viewing on all sides or a longer and deeper fish only setup (8ftx3ftx2ft). I have built several sumps and skimmers and think I got the hang of it

mrpink44
12/15/2004, 11:19 PM
WOW!! That's awesome. Big project....do you have an idea how long it will take you? Are you planning on taking pics of the progress as you go along? Might make for an interesting topic some day at a meeting when you're done! Best of luck!!

hiepvn54301
12/15/2004, 11:33 PM
thanks mrpink, the wife/warden says I have to sell my current setup first before I get the acrylic sheets. Once I do get it, I will take pictures as I go and post my progress here. If I don't sell it, I might turn my current setup into a reef.