PDA

View Full Version : Mr Big Boots.

z28cam
12/11/2004, 12:34 AM
Ok well I think to get this club started on its way. There needs to be some people "in charge" of the club and anything related to it.

Nothing worse than an un-organized group :)

mherrb
12/11/2004, 03:08 AM
I agree. I thought we could maybe iron that stuff out at the first meeting. Give everyone a chance to meet and discuss how we want to proceed with the group.

Aquabucket
12/11/2004, 05:40 AM
Will the person elected to be in charge be the only one that will take up certain tasks, i.e. organization of members, notification of meetings, etc..? Or can he/she appoint other interested parties to take on certain tasks and titles?

With that said nominees for an Admiral to "guide the ship" so to speak may not be a bad Idea.

If you are up to taking on the task of Admiral please feel free to let your intentions be known.

Some qualified people may be too modest to apply so feel free to nominate anyone you want at this point ~ taking into consideration of those who have stated that they are commited enough to take on the time and responsibility involved that comes with the title. Remember these are just nominations and the cream will rise to the top.

After a set nomination period we can all vote as a whole who we think can handle the task involved as being Admiral of FVRC.

But thats just my thoughts on the matter.

z28cam
12/11/2004, 10:48 AM
I think having a couple people "in charge" would be the way to go. It can be a fairly big responsibility running a club and i think the task would be best split up between a couple of people to keep things organized and running smoothly. Of course as long as these said few can work together :D

mrpink44
12/11/2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Aquabucket
Will the person elected to be in charge be the only one that will take up certain tasks, i.e. organization of members, notification of meetings, etc..? Or can he/she appoint other interested parties to take on certain tasks and titles?

This is just a thought, but it seems like a lot of different clubs have 3 titles like President, VP, and Secretary. I'm not saying we have to do it, but maybe we consider if that would work for our group or not. I'm guessing we're going to have some small projects that volunteers want to work on. I was just thinking of some small things like:
organizing the meeting calendar date, time, location
coming up with ideas for discussion
maybe eventually we want to talk to some local fish stores about sponsership/discount like Madison does
quarterly club newsletter
website?

Those are just some brainstorm ideas. I think we'll really have enough stuff to do for those who want to step up and run with an idea.

slc
12/14/2004, 04:22 PM
Just some info links that might be of interest. Good luck.

How to Start a Local Marine Aquarium Club and MACNA XIII
http://www.reefs.org/library/talklog/c_hannon_and_d_gallagher_031801.html

orgainization list from Chicago Marine Aquarium Society (for ideas)
http://www.cmas.net/cmas_officers.html

mrpink44
12/14/2004, 05:21 PM
slc - nice find!! Thanks a lot for sharing...that information from MACNA is an excellent place to start!

iceman5
12/14/2004, 09:52 PM
that information from the macna is great thanks slc!!!we will have a lot to talk about at our first meeting. i am looking forward to it!!