PDA

View Full Version : AquaC Remora

hesaias
02/05/2000, 09:36 PM
Anybody know a place to see a pic of this skimmer? I tried the AquaC Page, but no luck. Any Ideas on a $$ and pump? I wanna use a mag drive instead of a rio, but Im unsure if I can get away with this. Also is this skimmer as good or better than a berlin ho asfar as $$ and performance?

------------------
hesaias

My Homepage (http://www.angelfire.com/on2/hesaias/index.html)

Sparrow
02/05/2000, 11:18 PM
It's for sale at Marinedepot, www.marinedepot.com (http://www.marinedepot.com) , there's also a picture of it. As for if it perform's better... who can say, it just came out.

Logger
09/15/2000, 07:21 PM
Hi, I've read some posts on other boards about substituting SEN300, Mag 3's and Maxi Jet 1200's on these....or maybe on the Remora Pro....concensus seemed to be the Sen was the best....ran cool and moved the water. Hope this helps!

gas4544
09/15/2000, 11:00 PM
I just bought a Remora Pro fromMarine Depot a week ago. They have free shipping and will match FFExpress's current sale price. Marine Depot matched FFExpress price (about $20 less then added $7 shipping), so I got mine for $209 minus $13 with free shipping.
In my Petsolutions catalog, I see that Red Sea has come out with an improved series of Berlin filters. They call it the Berlin Turbo. It appears to be the same skimmer body with an improved pump/impeller assy. This is what the Red Sea pHarm site says:

"The Berlin Turbo utilizes a new 12 blade
TurboJet Impleller that actually creates a
significant positive pressure enabling the
skimmer to operate the triple pass and do it
without an additional pump! The Berlin Turbo
comes with the pump (fitted with TurboJet
Impeller) and is available in our Classic, Hang
On and XL styles. The Berlin Turbo is up to
70% more effecient than other skimmers its
size and can run up to 500 gallons
(depending on model)"

The cost runs about $50 more than their other Berlin skimmers. Retrofit kits for Berlin skimmers are also available for about $70. Petsolutions has not updated their website to include the new Berlins. I looked a couple of other places, but did not find them online.

[This message has been edited by gas4544 (edited 09-16-2000).]