PDA

View Full Version : Where can you get Live Rock rubble?

snorulz
12/09/2004, 11:12 AM
Where can you get live rock rubble in the madison area? Thanks

Ereefic
12/11/2004, 11:01 AM
Not sure where rubble is for sale but you could always buy a small rock and break it up into rubble. Probably cost you a little more, but don't think i've seen rubble in any of the LFS.

MiddletonMark
12/15/2004, 11:52 AM
I'd either talk to Premium Aquatics [who sells rubble and `nano-rock'], check into some of the dried base rock [just cure it, then smash it] ... otherwise I'm unsure.

Gets spendy.

MalawianDude
12/26/2004, 12:17 AM
can't u just take a hammer and chisel? or just hammer? and use some decent pieces...

MiddletonMark
12/28/2004, 03:52 PM
Yes, but at $6 a pound or so ... you better be selling those frags for a lot.

Premium sells theirs for quite cheap - I know I'm seriously considering some dry rock [like reef bones] or such for my softie mounts as it doesn't pay to spend a lot on that. I spend enough in superglue already :)

Meisen
01/11/2005, 10:14 AM
Any of you guys with a basement/garage ever entertain the idea of making some DIY reef plugs or rubble-pieces? I would pitch in a bag or two of southdown and some portland if someone has space they dont mind getting a little concrete-splattered lol.

I used to make it in my back yard in CT all the time ..... mostly just to freak out my yuppie neighbors but also for the rock. As I remember, the mix takes a little finess but once you get it down, its like free money!