PDA

View Full Version : 12/7 Meeting Recap

TippyToeX
12/08/2004, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone!

First I want to thank Dallas, Donna and Camille for making the trip to Starbucks to meet with Jeff and I. We both really appreciate it.

We would like to recap everything that was covered so that those who had to leave a little early and for others who could not make it on such notice knows what we spoke about.

The topic of bring in more funds to the club was covered. It is vital to our survival that we are able to pull in some money to pay for speakers, raffles, field trips, etc. We would like to be able to hold a raffle at most of our meetings. What ever frags people are willing to donate as well as dry goods. Not only will that help out other members but it helps give strength to the club and even pulls in new memebrs. We all know how tempting free corals/drygood can be!

Along with having raffles we will have our next meeting, a silent auction. On January 9th we will all get together and auction off what ever we would like. Frags, drygoods, livestock, etc. The owner would put a set price for that item and anyone can make a bid on it. Once the auction is over for that item the set price goes to the provider, the items gets into the hands of the winning bid and the monies left over are placed into the club funds. Win win for all we feel.

The next topic was how to pull in new members. We will make out flyers, nothing too fancy but pointing whom ever might pick one up to our website. We hope to have as many LFS have them (the flyers) out as we can, along with the chain pet stores.

The website is going to be a great draw we feel. It is the content we are all concerned with. Jeff will work hard on the layout but we all need to help in giving the content. No matter the subject it, about our individual tanks, our Vegas marine attractions, etc. I would like to write a little something for those new to the hobby for all the Vegas reefers as an example. We all agreed that having our site out on the net and providing good material and help will draw in new members. We know just from Reef Central we have grown quite a bit monthly!

Our next three month meeting schedule. It will help members who have not been able to make it have these dates far in advance. So that they are able to set time aside. We also agreed to stager the meeting dates (Sundays & Saturdays) for now to see if that will allow more members to attend. Our next meeting will again be the silent auction on the 9th. In February we hope for the 5th. That date will depend on the Shark Reef and if they will be able to schedule us for a tour of their facilities. March will be on the 6th (topic still in the works). We hope to have the meeting information on the front page our our web site (in the works) as well as a sticky on our forum here in advance.

Participation. With trying to gain more members we (Jeff and I) dearly need more help in more active LVVR members. WE are both going to try our hardest for the next three months. At the end we will see if we can keep it up. We need those who go to meetings often or those who can help let us know and lend a hand we you can. It will mean a great deal to all of us and helps get Vegas a better name as a string reefing community!

See about getting a discount at our LFS and beyond. We did not talk about it in depth but if we can work in getting some LFS as sponsor (and perhaps out of state but close by sponsors & discounts for club members).

Hmmm.. I hope that was it. I'm sure I left something out. :D Everyone who was there please chime in and let me know if I missed something please.

Oh I know! Donna, Camille and Jeff I wanna see some pics! hehe.. and thank you again Donna for the Aiptasia.

TippyToeX
12/09/2004, 02:06 AM
Ooohhh!! Look what Jeff has done to the website. :D Way to go man! Thank you sooo much.

vegasreefers.com (http://www.vegasreefers.com/)