PDA

View Full Version : FRAG SWAP: Saturday December 18th 11am-2pm

chrisaggie
12/08/2004, 10:31 PM
I have decided to have a frag swap at my place on December 18th from 11am to 2 pm. The focus of the swap will be sps, but there will be some softies here also I am sure. This will be a very informal swap with absolutely no agenda to follow. You can stay the entire time or only part if you wish. You can find a map to my apartment here (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=10420+SW+158th+Ct+%239-102&city=Miami&state=FL&zipcode=33196). My aprtment is in the Royal Palm Place apartments. I am in building 9 and my # is 102. I will give detailed directions before the swap. Please post here if you think you will be able to make it. A list of frags available would be a good thing too. I will soon post a list of my frags. Happy reefing.
~Chris

Flamehawk
12/08/2004, 11:54 PM
Well, you know we're in! ;] We'll bring some of the usual and a bit of the unusual. Do you have some of the violet polyped peltiformis? Or baby some bright green clove polyps? hehehe

LMK

See you soon!
Morgan and Johnny

ps: would you like for me to bring any food?

Ludwigia73
12/09/2004, 08:40 PM
Wish I could make it, 2 pm is a bit steep for me. Great idea, though!

djfrankie
12/10/2004, 04:29 PM
I'll be there. It will be a great time to meet some of the locals!

Is there anything I can contribute (Pepsi, beer, chips??) since I don't have any corals to frag? However, I will take cash so I hope you guys are nice to me ;-)

djfrankie

chrisaggie
12/10/2004, 05:32 PM
pepsi, beer, or chip would be great. Looking forward to meeting some new people also. BTW, anyone got anything cool to trade for a tyree soli frag?
~Chris

Juan-Carlos
12/10/2004, 06:49 PM
Do I even have to post that i'm going? isnt that a given?!

see you all there,

-Jc

Treeman
12/11/2004, 06:29 PM
I am going to try and get down there. I probably won't know until the day before. If so I will get a hold of you Chris.

chrisaggie
12/11/2004, 11:44 PM
I almost forgot, this may put a damper on the frag swap though. I guess I get to set the rules for this thing, so one of the rules I insist on is that everyone that has the red bugs tells everyone they do. I recently aquired these bugs and have not treated for them yet. I still have them. As far as I know Morgan/Johnny still have the little bugers along with Luis also. If you don't know about these little guys you can read about them on the sps forum. They are a little "bug" that live on only acroporas. As far as I know they are not 100% sure what they eat, but it may be the coral slime or the algae(Zooxanthellae) that live within the coral. Some have reported no problems with their coral even with these little critters, but some say that they have experienced significant color loss and even coral bleaching. Until this little creature is studied more we won't know for sure what role they play. Another word of caution: While these "bugs" will die without acropora around, you can get them from other frags. The first time I got these (over 1.5 years ago) I received them on a montipora frag. If you do not have any acros in your tank you do not need to worry. Even if you get these bugs they will die with nothing to "feed" on.

Juan-Carlos
12/11/2004, 11:53 PM
You can always dip the frags coming from a "bugged" tank

-Jc

chrisaggie
12/12/2004, 12:12 AM
Good thought JC, I forgot to mention that. The only sure fire way that I know of is to use the interceptor treatment, but I've hear of few other meathods out there that may or may not work.

djfrankie
12/12/2004, 11:21 PM
Ouch!

Do you guys have any interceptor?

I would hate to bring those in a new tank.

djfrankie

chrisaggie
12/13/2004, 06:54 PM
I have started my live phytoplankton cultured back up. Anyone that attends the frag swap will get a free liter of live phytoplankton!

Juan-Carlos
12/14/2004, 06:48 AM
Can I have a litter of Vodka instead? ;) ha ha we love ya chris thanx bud!

No clue on that stuff Frankie, never used it.

djfrankie
12/15/2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by chrisaggie
I have started my live phytoplankton cultured back up. Anyone that attends the frag swap will get a free liter of live phytoplankton!

I love Freebies!!!

djfrankie

Bullredchaser
12/15/2004, 04:48 PM
I wish I was going to the Frag Swap but we are headed to Universal this weekend. Will catch up with yall next time.

chrisaggie
12/15/2004, 05:06 PM
I've got a large glowing green open brain coral if anyone is interested in it. It's about 8" across when open.

chrisaggie
12/15/2004, 08:06 PM
I talked to Vince a little while ago. He won't be home to post for a while, but he wanted me to let everyone know that he has good sized frags of bright green monti cap if anyone is interested.

djfrankie
12/15/2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by chrisaggie
I talked to Vince a little while ago. He won't be home to post for a while, but he wanted me to let everyone know that he has good sized frags of bright green monti cap if anyone is interested.

Me:rollface: me:bounce2: :bounce1: :dance:

C'ya there!

djfrankie

Flamehawk
12/16/2004, 12:32 AM
hahaha! I love all the bouncing things! ;]

See you soon!

saltylake
12/16/2004, 01:16 AM
hello everyone!!!!!!
i will in attendance
i need to have an idea if anyone wants:
1. bright green monti frags... big 3-4 inches
2. pink zoo frags
people that have seen my tank: do you want anything that i have?

morgan what are you bringing???? do you have any frags of that nice green blasto?
also do yuou have that nice clam?
thanks see you all on saturday
do you need me to bring any food or beer?
vince

saltylake
12/16/2004, 01:18 AM
is anyone bringing any colorful sps?
thanks

djfrankie
12/16/2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by saltylake
hello everyone!!!!!!
i will in attendance
i need to have an idea if anyone wants:
1. bright green monti frags... big 3-4 inches
2. pink zoo frags
people that have seen my tank: do you want anything that i have?

morgan what are you bringing???? do you have any frags of that nice green blasto?
also do yuou have that nice clam?
thanks see you all on saturday
do you need me to bring any food or beer?
vince

Yes to all of the above.

I was thinking of bringing some chips and soda. It would be good to know how many people would show up???

djfrankie

chrisaggie
12/16/2004, 04:15 AM
Here is the list of people coming that I know of:
Johnny/Morgan
JC
Vince
djfrankie
Matt (maybe)

I was hoping we could get 1 or 2 more people, but if not we will still have fun.

Don_Gnomio
12/16/2004, 11:58 AM
i may go depends on what we are doing this weekend... does ne1 have ne zoos? or maybe lps? i dont have nething to trade so ill bring $$ if i go...

Flamehawk
12/16/2004, 01:11 PM
Okay, I think its time to start a list.

I'll bring:
A few frags of the usual monti's: orange, green, org/red, purple.
greenish blue w/ white rim cap

I'll also bring a frag or two of the following:
Teal w/ baby blue tip acro stag
Violet polyp with yellow body monti peltiformis
Org/red monti hodgsoni
Green w/ blue tip acro
Brown w/ green polyp acro colony
Green w/ yellow center zoos
RPE zoos
neon green soloman zoos
couple blasto frags
yellow tipped torch frag

I can also bring some large frags of acropora anacropora as my colony is getting huge, just let me know if you'd like some.

Vince: I'll bring the clam. Any acro frags/ frag of your hammer coral would be nice.

We'll bring some munchies also.

See you guys!
Morgan and Johnny

saltylake
12/16/2004, 04:41 PM
morgan,
i will bring you a frag of the hammer.

see you saturday
vince

chrisaggie
12/17/2004, 10:20 AM
Does anyone need directions? You should be able to get a good map on mapquest. My apartment is in the royal palm place apartments. When you get there I am in building $9 on the far west side of the complex. I am #102 in building 9. We have a bunch of plants outside our door. If anyone gets lost or can't find me just give me a call at 305-773-9295. If anyone that is comeing has any crushed coral they do not need I would like it. I can trade some frags for it. See you all tomrrow.
~Chris

PRC
12/17/2004, 01:54 PM
Chris,
I'm hoping to stop by. I don't have any frags to trade at this point since I'm pretty much just getting started, but I'll bring cash if anyone's interested in selling since I do have lots of empty space in my tank. I'll bring some refreshments if I can make it.

Morgan, The Frogspawn is doing great, it looks very happy in it's new home. Thanks.
Paul

Speckled Grouper
12/18/2004, 10:24 AM
Good Morning, I am thinking of heading down, it's still on, right?

Juan-Carlos
12/18/2004, 10:28 AM
Sure is! I'll be there in a few.

-Jc

Speckled Grouper
12/18/2004, 10:36 AM
Ok, just looked at the map, it's a bit of a haul for me, I think, I'll be heading down 27 to Krome.

Speckled Grouper
12/19/2004, 02:44 AM
The frags are in place.....
Thanks for your hospitality Chris and nice to meet you guys.
Thanks for that cane Frank, it looks awesome.
Hope we can get together again soon.

djfrankie
12/19/2004, 11:50 AM
It was great to meet some local reefers!

It was better than expected. Thank you Vince for all the freebies , Johny and Morgan for the nice frags, and Chris for that moment that everyone will be talking about for a while :hammer: :D

Chris had an unbelievable collection of colorful and growing SPS corals. Please don't move too far.

Hope all you guys have a great X-mas and a prosperous year!

djfrankie

djfrankie
12/19/2004, 11:55 AM
Chris,
It seems there are two variations of the Miami orchid since Rafael has one with pinkish tips.

See hereMiami Orchid (http://www.frags.org/memberfragdetails.php?fid=975)

Please correct me if I'm wrong..?

djfrankie

chrisaggie
12/19/2004, 05:02 PM
Same thing, different lighting.

Flamehawk
12/19/2004, 06:56 PM
Hey, it was nice seeing you guys. Great frags! JOHNNY

Treeman
12/19/2004, 10:13 PM
Hey sorry I didn't make it. I was so busy getting the heaters up and online for this cold spell. Next time for sure.

FragGuy
12/19/2004, 11:14 PM
Dj,

Chris is correct, same coral. That picture that you pointed to was a colony that I grew under 10k 400w.

Here is a post that shows the different colors it can turn. The first one is from ORA which was grown under natural sun (Green house).
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=410588&highlight=Miami+Orchid

Rafael

djfrankie
12/19/2004, 11:16 PM
Got it.
Thanks,
djfrankie

Originally posted by FragGuy
Dj,

Chris is correct, same coral. That picture that you pointed to was a colony that I grew under 10k 400w.

Here is a post that shows the different colors it can turn. The first one is from ORA which was grown under natural sun (Green house).
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=410588&highlight=Miami+Orchid

Rafael