PDA

View Full Version : anyone need some xenia in pa/md?

mindrone
11/29/2001, 03:23 AM
got a ton of pulsing xenia.. anyone have anything to trade?

-- Brad

SeaMac
12/01/2001, 01:58 PM
Hi Brad...

I have a few things I could trade. Do you have other stuff in addition to the xenia? If you make that trip out here to the Hidden Reef I could probably meet up with you (depending on when you'd come...I'm in the middle of three weeks of finals!).

Here's what I have:

Sarcophyton leather frags (fast grower, mother has tripled in size in about 1.5 years...now is approx 10" tall)

Pink-tipped green frogspawn (about 1/2" skeleton, 1.5" tentacles)

Mint green calastrea curvata (approx 6 heads on frag)

Various mushrooms

Yellow devil's hand leather (having trouble getting the frags to attach to rock, but I'll work on it once exams are over)

If you are interested in any of these let me know and we can try to figure something out...I have some xenia, but would like some more if it is a different variety, or if you have other frags to trade! :D

Chris

Nagel
12/01/2001, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by SeaMac
Yellow devil's hand leather (having trouble getting the frags to attach to rock, but I'll work on it once exams are over)

Just a thought for ya. I fragged my yellow devil's hand this august, and it took almost 2 months for the frag to attach. I rubberbanded it loosely onto a piece of rubble. It can take a while. Just letting ya know!

mindrone
12/02/2001, 01:08 AM
SeaMac: yueah, I'm sure we can work something out. I have an abundance of xenia right now, and I'm trying to thin it out and make some room for some other things. Depending on when I get out that way, I could possibly have some more things to trade as well. At this point, it's looking like it will probably be some time after xmas for me to be heading out that way...

Do you have any pics of the mushrooms or the sarcohpytons?

-- Brad

SeaMac
12/02/2001, 05:22 PM
Nagel:

Thanks for the advice...I'll have to give that a try! :D

Brad:

I don't have pictures yet, but once my exams are over I'll take a couple and email them to you. The sarcophytons are only about 1/2" tall right now, but that is double what they were when I fragged them two weeks ago! By the time we get together I would guess that they would easily be 1.0-1.5" or so. In terms of mushrooms, I have bluish-purple, red with light blue spots, green-striped, and one green spotted. I haven't fragged any of these yet but plan on it once I have some more time.

If it gets to be around New Year's and I haven't emailed you photos yet, please remind me. I'll be travelling a bit so I could easily see it slipping my mind. ;)

Oh crap...I forgot to mention that I have tank-raised green bubbletip anemones too! I started with one about 1.5 years ago and now have 5. If this keeps up I'll be looking to trade them too! :)

Chris

mindrone
12/02/2001, 06:14 PM
SeaMac:

I'd likely be interested in either the sarcopytons, the blueish purple shrooms, or possibly one of the devil's hand leathers if you can get them to attatch. I'm looking for some softies to throw in my refugium to add a little more interest than the mountain of feather caulerpa that's growing in there now.

I'll try to remind you , but my memory gets a litle hazy as time goes on.

I already have a green bubbletip and a rose bubbletip.. I'm guessing it won't be too long before one or both decide to split on me, so I think I'll have to pass on those guys :)

-- Brad

SeaMac
12/02/2001, 06:44 PM
If the rose BTA does split for you before we meet up, maybe I could trade you some shrooms, a sarcophyton, and a devil's hand for some xenia and a rose BTA clone? Let me know if that sounds good...

Chris