PDA

View Full Version : Say hi to Steve

Razing Kane
12/07/2004, 07:32 PM
Got a pm from a fellow local reefer looking for club info...heres his page and a nice looking reef to boot!
http://www.sincityreef.com

opihi
12/07/2004, 07:38 PM
Hi Steve, your tank pics look nice!

SinCityReefer
12/08/2004, 02:41 PM
Hey guys!,
Im glad i finally found you guys. Ive been reefin in vegas for almost 2 years now and up till now have pretty much been going at it alone. Im really looking forward to some club meetings or something like that. Are there any local clubs that you guys are members of? What LFS in town do you guys like the best? Thanks everyone!
-steve

opihi
12/08/2004, 03:19 PM
steve,
we're trying something new for our future meetings dates. we are now meeting on the first Sunday of odd numbered months, first Saturday on even numbered months. by alternating meeting days, we hope to accomodate everyone. our next meeting is scheduled for January 9th, and will be a silent auction/raffle meeting. a description of the meeting can be found here (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=478962) , and more information will be coming soon.

the other local club is LVMAS. i'm not sure when they meet, but their URL is lvmas.org.

VegasMike
12/08/2004, 04:53 PM
Took a look at the site and started thinking to myself, "Johnny V's pics look like the stuff out of the display tank at ATMII, especially the Squamosa" and, then, scrolling down, find out that is exactly where they are from.:D

SinCityReefer
12/08/2004, 05:24 PM
lol, yup Johnny V and I are great friends. He always takes care of me up at ATMII, i just wish they would get better stuff in frequently. Only once in a while do you find some really choice livestock up there.

VegasMike
12/08/2004, 06:02 PM
Never found any quality corals there myself other than a few pieces in the display tank and I can't get him to part with any of those, except the Merulina or Hydophora (never looked at it close enough to tell which it is) on the top right part of the tank. He keeps trying to sell me that one though. Every once in a while he gets some good fish.

SinCityReefer
12/08/2004, 06:43 PM
ONCE in a while he will get some good corals... but you have to beat me up there.. lol.. He usually calls me (and 10-15 others) when the orders come in, and everything good is usually gone within 30min of hitting the store.... Kinda sucks, but i have managed to get some nice LPS and zooanthids that way...

SinCityReefer
12/08/2004, 06:45 PM
BTW, a coral order is comming in tonight at ATMII, should be in by 4pm.. Ill be headding up there aorund 6ish, I have some LPS, euphillia's (sp.?) on hold anyone interested meet me up there.. I doubt i will take more than one...
-steve

VegasMike
12/08/2004, 06:49 PM
The one time he told me he was getting soem SPS in, I raced up there and waited around for an hour while he unloaded the boxes to find out he gor two good sized tan acros in, neither of which I would put in my tank. That was the last time I went to the store. I may go back to look for a nice blonde Naso soon as it is one of the last fish I want, other than a Conspic.