PDA

View Full Version : Hello VMA

hands40
12/07/2004, 03:30 PM
I just recently noticed that there is a club in VT. I've been into reefing since 99, off for a little bit due to a crash, and am interested in connecting with a club. I might be interested in attending a meeting sometime. I see there is one set for the 18th, don’t know if I can make it but maybe.

SHOmuchFUN
12/08/2004, 08:18 AM
Yeah, we're in the process of building a club as we speak. The organization has been shaky, as everybody has been busy lately, but it has been a goal that in the upcoming winter months that we could get something organized so we can share our tanks and talk "shop".

We're a bit more informal than most clubs, we basically use the forum and our get togethers as an excuse to show off our stuff and trade a few frags.

My name is Erik Engstrom and I'm in Montpelier. I started my tank in Dec/Jan of 03/04, so I've not been in the hobby long, but soon became addicted and have been very active in the hobby and have strived to maintain a healthy SPS tank. I live in an apartment so space is an issue, so I currently only have a 55gal running, but have recurrent dreams of 120's and 180's.

Anyway...
Where are you from? We have members from all over and we're looking for some new faces and tanks...
Our next meeting is indeed the 18th and it's at Milton Mini Reef (unsure of exact time). If you need a ride from around central VT, let me know.

Glad to see you on board.

lamphere
12/13/2004, 10:32 PM
I am just starting and have had my reef tank going for about a month. I just found out you guys started a club. I'll try to make it to the meeting on the 18th. Its around 7:30 right?

SHOmuchFUN
12/13/2004, 11:22 PM
I believe so!

Awesome to hear of new people on the board...

I'm on here constantly during the day (I have a boring computer job) so let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything.

lamphere
12/16/2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks! I'm coming back from my sister's place in Mass. on Sat. I'm picking up my 4x65PC light from a friend of hers for 150 bucks. Can't wait to start getting some softies. Hope I'll be back in time.

mike