PDA

View Full Version : Pagoda Cup Coral attachment....

chwattscaw
12/07/2004, 09:13 AM
I am curious, I have a pagoda cup coral, and currently do not have it 'attached' to the rocks. It is more or less leaning against some rocks for support, so it's 'edges' are touching rocks.

How critical is it that it be attached?

Also, how do you do this, what type of material have you used?

Thanks,
Chris

davejnz
12/07/2004, 04:10 PM
I used superglue gel and epoxy to attach mine.Add some superglue to base of coral,then add a ball of epoxy,a little more superglue on the epoxy,then quickly press coral into desired spot on aquascape.As far as how critical,I think with the edges touching the rocks it would be prone to recession,If only the bottom side of coral is touchig,I dont think that will be a problem.

chwattscaw
12/07/2004, 10:18 PM
Do these things grow relatively quickly? Will I notice increase in size say in months, years etc?

davejnz
12/08/2004, 01:34 PM
No,not compared to softies or some other LPS/SPS.I have 2 and both dont grow very fast.Take a pic every 6 months and you'll see some growth.I think alot of the growth is not noticed because they are calcifying around the perimeter and growing out instead of up.

StuckinFtLauderdale
12/08/2004, 08:14 PM
question.......I did not attached mine, leaned him against rock work and now he is half way receeded. Will this part grow back? The rest looks very healthy, even in receeded part, some polyp still extend.