PDA

View Full Version : vacation tank watching

manderx
12/06/2004, 03:13 PM
ok, i've been getting all sorts of requests for watching tanks over break, more than i can really do myself easily. so whoever needs a tank watched, post here. and whoever can watch, also post here.

dooleyb
12/06/2004, 03:54 PM
I can watch.

JC VT
12/06/2004, 04:05 PM
I am in need of a tank-sitter from Dec 14 - Jan 14... I can repay with an acro frag and some zoas + beer/money/whatever.

manderx
12/06/2004, 05:18 PM
i can get JC_VT's tank easily since it is directly on my way home from work. i'm also doing Rush's tank which is over by nellie's cave park, so anyone in that area i can get easily too.

my only worry about tanks i watch is my little truck is worthless on snow&ice, so i might be stuck down at my place for a few days in a row if we get hit by a decent storm.

i work for frags. if you don't have anything, then buy something cool when you get back and then give me a little piece of it... :)

JNG567
12/06/2004, 05:32 PM
Im in need of a watcher from the 31st to the 6th or 7th

manderx
12/07/2004, 04:24 PM
nick: how often would someone have to come over? i can't do a daily trip to radford, but i could do every third day, assuming the weather is decent. i could also be emergancy backup if you can get a non-reefer to do it.

actually, anyone who is having a non-reefer watch their tank this break, give them my numbers- H: 552-4439 W: 951-8870 in case they have an emergancy. i'm working at home mostly these days, and up very late, so tell them to call as late as they need and try the home number first. i don't have internet at home, so pm/email won't get to me quickly.

mbort
12/08/2004, 08:38 AM
I'm out 24th to 31st and would really appreciate the help. Let me know Matt .. its a pain since I'm way out, but 2 or 3 checkups would be plenty. I'll try to bring something back from Pittsburgh.

Shivaji
12/08/2004, 11:43 AM
Nick,

I could do yours, as I am 'round the corner from you, and we will probably be in town most of the time. If it is OK with Matty, I can let him know if we do go out of town for more than a couple of days.

Give me a call in the evening (I am in the book), or PM me ...

kysmith
12/11/2004, 05:26 PM
I need a tank sitter, I am willing to move my tank to someones house for the break. This wouldnt be too hard bc I just have a 29 with live rock, 2 fish, on shrimp and two xenia colonies. Would someone mind an extra tank in their basement? I have moved the tank 3 times already its not too hard. I am happy to get someone a xmas gift for watching my tank.

Kyle

dooleyb
12/12/2004, 08:36 AM
Kyle, I I can drop by your place every day or so to keep an eye on your tank during the break. I don't think it is good to be moving it so often. Let me know. I can drop by for instructions whenever

Bill.

kysmith
12/12/2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by dooleyb
Kyle, I I can drop by your place every day or so to keep an eye on your tank during the break. I don't think it is good to be moving it so often. Let me know. I can drop by for instructions whenever

Bill.

that would be great thanks.

kyle

hokiefish
12/16/2004, 02:57 PM
I will be here until the 23rd and then back the week B4 new years if I can help. I will need a little assistance from the 31st-6th of january if possible.

I say we all go over to bortners place and have a blow out party while hes gone.

nvert
12/19/2004, 07:40 PM
I'll be back for New Year's so I can help out too...31st on...

manderx
12/21/2004, 02:18 PM
Ian:
anyone got you covered yet? i'll be driving that way most nights so i can get you.

-m