PDA

View Full Version : Pink brain coral

H.crispa
12/06/2004, 01:07 AM
I have a pink brain that I am thinking about cutting in half and auctioning off at the next meeting. Both halves would be about 4"x4". It is really nice and I have had it for many years. It doubles in size in about 12 months. I really love it but I am moving toward SPS since nice colored SPSs are readily available now and it does send out some loooooooooong sweeper tentacles-- 8 to 10 inches sometimes. Which I'm sure you can see, could cause a problem. It swells up like a fat lip when hit with bright light and it loves both halides and PCs and I have kept it under both. It likes anywhere from almost no current to moderately high and if you like to feed your corals brine shrimp and stuff, I have seen this thing eat chunks of squid and mysid shrimp that would choke your average open brain or frogspawn. I guess what I'm saying is I'm thinking of doing this but I want it to have a good home and all it really absolutely requires is good water quality-- light, current, and food are negotiable to this guy. I want to know if anyone is interested because there is no reason to do it otherwise and I want at least 2 people to get it so that I can guarantee that it will thrive.

Here is a pic (crappy quality pic)
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=71556

Truth be known I really want to keep it. I just don't think it fits in with where I want my tank to go. It really does look cool.

mcox33
12/06/2004, 05:41 AM
I want one I'm running 240 watts of pc's and 40 watt of that purple bulb Barry has don't remember what it is called right now but that puts 280 watts on a 90 gal. I just don't know what you would want to trade for that I have probably nothing as most of what I have is softies.
But Maybe we can work out a deal.