PDA

View Full Version : Not fish talk. Computer question.

rick s
12/05/2004, 06:41 PM
Alright all you young techies, it's time for a new computer mouse. I'm still using the old ball and chain :eek2: , I mean ball mouse.

All I really want is an optical mouse; but, every time I go in a store, the wireless ones keep calling my name.

Is a basic, not high dollar, wireless, optical a good idea or not? The "package" says that batteries will typically last 6 months. True?

Thanks,

mr294
12/05/2004, 06:53 PM
For basic use, I've found the wireless optical mice to work great. I would say that 6 months is a bit optimisitic for battery life if you use your computer frequently; 3-4 months is probably more realistic. I don't know how much you were planning on spending, but you can get the logitech mx700 cordless rechargeable mouse for about $60. It comes with a little docking station that you put the mouse in when you're not using it to charge it up.

lost1
12/05/2004, 07:04 PM
Hello for what is is worth, I have two wireless mice that are collecting dust, I find an optical wired mouse the best. Wireless optical mice go to sleep when they are not used, I find you constantly are moving the mouse to "awaken it", and it is a pain. Just my personal observations. David

morphx
12/05/2004, 07:27 PM
I have the logitech package too but not the one with the recharging base. I use the computer a lot so I go through 2 AA's about every 2 months, but I use rechargables so it's no problem to just pop in 2 more that I have laying around. Benefits of wireless is no cables to manage and get snagged up on.

hisc1ay
12/05/2004, 10:44 PM
I love my optical wired. I don't know that I'd want to buy a wireless, although they are decent. I'd never go back to a ball. Ever.

FWIW

-j

cmoresps
12/06/2004, 12:53 AM
I have the logitech wired, its great, been using for work and play (e.g. Doom 3...) for a couple years

mickey57
12/06/2004, 06:18 AM
.....I love my wireless mouse & keyboard..My ferret does also:rolleyes: It took me awhile to put the mouse back on the sliding shelve in the desk.Daisy would not mess with the keyboard but the mouse was always a *****er to find:lol: I sit back in my recliner and have the keyboard in my lap and mouse on an arm of the chair.Sure is comfortable this way;) No friggin wires to contend with.:smokin:
....................Mickey.............