PDA

View Full Version : Ideas and help for 1st meeting.

Mike_McBrien
12/03/2004, 02:11 PM
OK the way things are looking right now I am going to plan on having the first REAL meeting and NORA some time in January. I need some input on a couple of things...

1. What day of the weeek to have the meetings? Whatever we choose should be fairly standard and a day that most people will be able to make. I personally can do any day after 7pm.

2. Where to have the meetings at? Since NORA is in it infancy I would appreciate not having to spend the money to rent a place to have the meeting. My thoughts were to have meeting at homes of the members to show off tanks and such, but I am not sure on how eager people would be to share their homes with strangers. So on this I really have no clue any ideas would be greatly apppreciated.

3. What do you guys expect from meetings. Firstly I think it will be mostly just introducing ourselves and telling about our background and just hanging out. Perhaps we will do something like... how to frag or DIY techniques. Again any ideas here would help, but this is the least important of the three.

Thanks all!

Mike

Dubbin1
12/03/2004, 02:40 PM
1. What day of the weeek to have the meetings? Whatever we choose should be fairly standard and a day that most people will be able to make. I personally can do any day after 7pm.

Friday evening sounds like a good time so it dont mess up peoples weekends.

2. Where to have the meetings at?

That is a hard one but we could always meet at someplace like Ralphie's. They have a meeting/party room and are close to I75 for the out of town members.

3. What do you guys expect from meetings.

To come up with a solution that will cure my hair algae problem once and for all :)

jenghes
12/05/2004, 12:22 AM
Any evening is OK with me. I work 'till 5..... So if the first one is in Findlay, I'd need some time to drive down from Maumee.

Mike_McBrien
12/05/2004, 02:10 AM
Not a problem at all since I do not get off till 7 pm I think it would be plenty of time for you tomake it!

what fish
12/06/2004, 03:49 PM
I think fir eve is a good time I am free from class on that night also. as to where , well I think that the first 2 meetings should be somewhere like ralfies or bob evans. as to what to talk about I think we could talk about us and what we have and what we are interested in so that as we grow we kinda know what our members are into and like. Me well I want to know what these lil brown disk like things are that are all over my soft coral. I think they are flat worms(waminoa sp. 1 ) from the look of the pics I saw on line. are they good, bad, what should I do? Con't wait for the meetings to start.

Dubbin1
12/06/2004, 08:24 PM
I think they are flat worms(waminoa sp. 1 ) from the look of the pics I saw on line. are they good, bad, what should I do?

Brown flat worms are bad. I hear flat worm exit works really well. I had some of the clear ones and just sucked them out with a dropper. I didnt have that many though.

jenghes
12/07/2004, 08:42 AM
Be careful with flat worm exit and follow the directions exactly. You need to babysit your tank through the process. When flat worms die, they release a toxin and could nuke your tank if you have a lot of them.

Jen