PDA

View Full Version : Next meeting date

tooshay
12/02/2004, 09:48 PM
Any idea when and where the next meeting is going to be? I want to be sure to keep that night open :)

DC321
12/07/2004, 12:14 AM
I am waiting too!

I have seen the pics of Alberto's tank, and can't wait for teh meeting at his place.

DC

tperk9784
12/08/2004, 06:11 PM
Good question, any night but the 11th is good for me :)

Tim

Bocaswim
12/09/2004, 07:52 AM
I spoke with Alberto the other day about this and he suggested we do not host this month's meeting at any member house, but rather get together somewhere like a restuarant for a holliday social. I thought that sounded like a great idea.

What do you all think? SHould be somewhere central like WPB or PGA or something.

Gayle

tperk9784
12/09/2004, 05:36 PM
Sounds great to me!

Just let me know when and where.

Tim

mixer911
12/09/2004, 09:16 PM
Hello everyone. I will be out of town from the 12 - 20 & 23 - 30. So if you decide to get together on those dates i will not be able to attend. Just wanted to let you know in case you don't hear from me.

dgasmd
12/12/2004, 09:35 PM
I apologize I have not finalized this as of yet with so little time left around the holidays. How about sunday Dec 19th or thursday Dec. 30th. Let me know by emaling me directly which day you would prefer and I'll make the majority choose.

We could make this a diner/drinks event. I'll let you all suggest where as I don't get out much and the Taco Bell down the street from me may not be the your best choice LOL...........

dgasmd
12/17/2004, 08:08 PM
Well, so far I have only heard from 2 people as to when they prefer to get together. I ahve to asume that either you guys don't ahve any interest in this or that you guys are sooooooo busy you couldn't get around to it. Please let me know if there is no interest. I know people get busy with the holidays and sometimes you would just rather pass.

Bocaswim
12/18/2004, 07:50 AM
I am good with the 30th, too much going on before the Holiday.

ctaegar
12/20/2004, 01:30 PM
I would also love to get together on the 30th. Let's do it!

pjmoore
12/20/2004, 07:01 PM
I will be out of town the 30th, so I guess I will just have to catch the next one. Happy Holidays, see ya next year :)

dgasmd
12/20/2004, 07:30 PM
Well, so far the 30th seems to be the most popular date. I will leave it up to you guys to pick a good place and we can make diner/drinks out of it. The only thing I will ask is NO STEAKHOUSES since I am a vegetarian. I can always find something to eat even at steakhouses, but it is truly a PITA LOL.................

Bocaswim
12/20/2004, 08:22 PM
I think it is only fitting that we go for Sushi, but I have no idea where to go in West Palm area. Any takers?

dgasmd
12/20/2004, 09:25 PM
I now a place that has awesome sushi. It is a small place next to the babies-r-us in Okeechobee blvd.

Vaigod
12/25/2004, 12:16 AM
The 30th sounds cool. Keep us posted.

:)

ctaegar
12/29/2004, 02:58 PM
OK, tomorrow is the day - do we have a plan?

dgasmd
12/30/2004, 01:00 PM
Please shoot me because I am a moron. I completely forgot about this and made other arrangements for today, so I will not be able to make it. However, as a compensation I have the next 3 meetings planned out already:D :D Dates are still in the works, but should be announced soon.

January:
Andy and Rhonda Moore. These guys are awesome. They have a commercial greenhouse in the making and it is definitely something to see. They are in the beginning stages of stocking and such, so hundreds of corals to look at is probably an unreasonable expectation. Also, no selling of frags or corals there either. However, I think if you enjoy it half as much as I did when I saw it you'll have a blast. This will have to be during the day given sunlight is a requirement.

February:
Sherry's tank (tooshay). For what I hear it is a gorgeous tank. Great person too, so no way you can't enjoy the visit.

March:
My house. The biggest tank with the smallest corals you'll see any time soon:D :D This is a very long term project for me and should be looked at it that way. Not much in terms of corals to raise eyebrows, but I think you'll enjoy it. If there is a god in heaven, the gas people should have finished their installation by then and we can have some bar-b-q too.

More to follow..............................

Bocaswim
12/30/2004, 02:56 PM
I just flew in from Denver last night and as I am sure most of you have heard travel this week has been very challenging. I need a vacation just to catch up with myself. I'm out.

Gayle

ctaegar
12/30/2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah, lets just bag it. Don't beat yourself up Alberto, it's that time of year. Everyone is swamped! I hope everyone has a great time on New Years Eve, and I guess we'll see you at the January meeting!
Cheers!:D

Vaigod
12/30/2004, 05:23 PM
Man, looks like we are ALL a little beat up from the last week or so. I hope everyone has a GREAT holiday weekend. BE SAFE!!