PDA

View Full Version : Seahorse home?

Hedonist
12/01/2004, 09:37 PM
I currently am down to one seahorse....I am not sure if i want to get more or go a different route with the tank.... I donot want to see her by herself... does anyone else out there have horses she can coral up with? She is a H barbouri, about 10 mo old or so, bout 4 inches long unfurled.... only to homes with proper setups and appropraite ponies please...

Let me know!
Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
12/02/2004, 06:28 AM
we would love to have your horse visit with our ponies !

reeflovers4
12/09/2004, 09:45 AM
Oh Darn ! Wish I had seen this before John did !

I have a viaaqua 11 g tank with dwarfs in it and I have a 72 bow front tank with pipefish in it. I am hoping to get large seahorses in January

Oh well, Keep me in mind if you decide to order more of the large seahorses, maybe we could go in together to save on shipping etc ?

Kathy

SOMEthinsFISHY
12/09/2004, 09:17 PM
kathy i guess we both lost !

Hedonist
12/10/2004, 08:44 AM
Yep Sorry.. Johanna is getting her.. she has been interested in keeping them for a while... I should give her the stipulation that she needs to attend a meet or two!

Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
12/10/2004, 08:53 AM
well i and kathy qualified on that one only reason kathy did not make the last meeting is she was really sivk !

reeflovers4
12/23/2004, 07:03 AM
I will try to make the next one !

I would qualify though ! I did make it to 1 so far !

I have had a 72 bowfront set up specifically in mind for seahorses and pipefish for apx a year ! (I have 2 gulf pipes in there now !) I also have Dwarfs in a 11 gallon that are doing great also !

I am planning on ordering some giants in the new year though ! anyone else want to go in ? I am not sure where I will be ordering from just yet, any suggestions ?

Thanks for any help !

Kathy

Hedonist
12/23/2004, 07:22 AM
Kathy
I suggest only to purchase CB horses, I think the WC are outlawed anyway..
Go thru ORA or seahorse.org will probably have a breeder who will sell..

I may go for more horses in the future, after the 210 is going, I may change my 45 over to seahore.... I would probablly go for the Brazilians, they have great coloring!
Denise