PDA

View Full Version : Eric Borneman to speak for DMS

Pyrrhus
11/29/2004, 11:38 PM
It is officially confirmed that Eric Borneman will be making a presentation for the Desert Marine Society Saturday the 11th of December. The event will be held at the Dragonfleye Charter School 10202 n 19th avenue in Phoenix Arizona. this event will be $15 dollars for members and $20 dollars for non-members, you can join the DMS for the 2005 year and recieve the member rate. The presentation will be a mix of current projects Mr. Borneman is working on and is sure to be of interest to hobbyists of all levels. Of course there will be the usual members only raffle with plenty of prizes available. Please remember that the Dragonfleye Charter School is a fragrance free facility, we would hate for anyone to be unable to attend. Any questions about this event can be sent to myself or Azdesertrat via PM.

We look forward to seeing you at the event.

Skip McMahan
DMS PR Rep

Pyrrhus
11/30/2004, 12:02 AM
event will start at 7pm

TippyToeX
11/30/2004, 02:37 AM
Skip, thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Pyrrhus
11/30/2004, 04:06 AM
as a bonus for you guys we have quite a few very nice LFS out here in the phoenix area and you could probably pick up some nice stuff, if you decided to come out. couldnt help but check some of your threads and the quality of the LFS seems to be an issue for you guys. hopefully well see some of you here.

orionsmamma
11/30/2004, 01:14 PM
Soundls like lots of fun; I hope I can make it out!

Also, what is involved with joining DMS?

Pyrrhus
11/30/2004, 05:22 PM
we are a not for profit marine aquarium club that does not sponsor group buys and works with the LFS in the area. the LFS generally offer a 10% discount on purchases for club members. membership is $20 dollars per year $15 for students, if you are signing up as a family it is $1 per extra person. as a member you are eligible for the members discount and can participate in the members only raffle, which includes gift certificates, equipment, drygoods, and lots of other great prizes. tickets for the raffle are 50 cents each.

again we hope to see some of you at the event,

Skip McMahan
DMS PR Rep

orionsmamma
11/30/2004, 11:45 PM
Anybody from LVVR plan on going to this?

dallast
12/01/2004, 03:46 AM
this sounds excellent! alas, will be out of town this weekend :(

but now i know that phoenix is a place to go coral shopping!

cheers

TippyToeX
12/01/2004, 08:40 PM
I wish I could make it! Too short of notice to get s cheap-o flight and to far of a drive for me right now. :(

Ill have to wait until IMAC or MACNA to hear Borneman again. :)

Pyrrhus
12/01/2004, 09:23 PM
sorry for the short notice, there were some issues beyond the clubs control, and i didnt want to jump the gun announcing the event.

TippyToeX
12/01/2004, 09:31 PM
No worries Skip, wasn't meant as a jab. :) I appreciate any notice! As we will be sure to do for your club in the future.

Pyrrhus
12/01/2004, 10:57 PM
to give early notice then, we will have Anthony Calfo coming out in january. same location, date to be determined.

dallast
12/03/2004, 03:38 AM
anthony would be great to hear again! i might be up for that. keep us posted, please!

i would also be interested in any frag swaps your club may sponsor. always good to get fresh specimens into notoriously "dry" las vegas.

thanks for the heads up.

Pyrrhus
12/03/2004, 10:25 AM
once in a while we do a frag swap, most of the fragging in the phoenix area is handled by PROP and FRAG we have forums for those 2 groups here at RC as well. i know that right now i am trading some blastomussa merleti for some nice digitatas, and some LPS. we have quite a large reefing community here, and there is a little something for everyone.

AZDesertRat
12/10/2004, 03:45 PM
Just wanted to post a few of the raffle prizes we will be giving away tomorrow.
1 new Icecap 430 ballast
200 gallon size bucket Oceanic Salt
lots of gift certificates to various LFS
50 gallon size Oceanic Salt
and
Kent has graciously donated 2 boxes of their additives including buffers, phytoplanktons, Coral Accel, Magnesium, Iodine, etc., lots of great stuff!

Skip and Dave, chime in if you were able to collect any more raffle prizes.

Don't forget to bring your Borneman books for signatures if you would like to have him sign them.
If any of you can make it over we would love to have you there,
A.J.