PDA

View Full Version : ??? are thay hardy?

yoh
11/26/2004, 10:39 PM
Hey, my LFS has a red goni about 1 1/2 inches skeleton size in PREFECT condition. It is the true red one with the blue centers. It is $49 I think...I bought a red encrusting type from the store about 9 months ago(it died) and so I beleive the encrusting one is NOT infact the one that lives. Since people are talking about how the true red one with blue centers lives...I am/was thinking about buying it off of store credit. But I am afraid, because, the last one I bought died on me be slowly wasting away. I threw it out of my tank today into the yard to die out so I could use it for frag rock, actually. SO who has had one for AT LEAST 2 years, or who has had one that has not receeded/has grown?? I am more afraid because well it may be sold already, and I once saw one of the true red ones slowly waste away in an established reef. It was a really good reef, like 5 years old. Well, who has experence? What is your view? Thanks:)

Nagel
11/27/2004, 02:29 AM
Most goniporas do poorly in our systems... The red encrusting ones do fair better from what I've seen, but even then its a 50/50...

They just come from more turbid water then we keep in our reefs. Usually more lagoonal then reef like.

gregb
11/29/2004, 10:50 PM
My green goni croaked it after a year so I dried it out on an ant hill. Then I used it for golf practice.