PDA

View Full Version : FedEx...... ( Sucks )

pappygonefishin2002
11/26/2004, 05:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with them. This is the 2nd time I have had and overnight order make it to Huntington just to be turned around and shipped to another state. Corals were shipped Tuesday to arrive Wed .Arrived at Huntington at 6:15 then shipped to Michigan were they have sat since Wed ( Sorry were closed Thurs) Hopefully I can pick up my dead decaying corals today and eat the cost, shipper gets the insurance, and it was underinsured! FedEx u gotta love em

cliff

LowCel
11/26/2004, 10:29 AM
That sucks!!!! Were these the two new blues that you were telling me about?

pappygonefishin2002
11/26/2004, 11:37 AM
Yep the red and blues, and the firecrackers, all are in tank but I think they have froze, water was like ice water and all look white and yellow tissued, I think they are finished, and so am I with FedEx

V4m8ION
11/26/2004, 11:38 AM
GREAT experience with them when I lived in Northern CA. Knew the driver by name. Asked where to put packages if I was not at home, etc.

Not so where I live now. At least 4 deliveries have been screwed up.

Just this past Tuesday, the driver just rang the door bell and imediately started to walk away. I could see him from an up stairs window. The truck pulled away as I opened the front door. Didn't leave the package due to the fact that I needed to sign for it (bought coral and needed to sign in order to keep gauranteed alive delivery warranty). Called FedEX were of course they said that no one answered the door. Told them my story and offered me to meet the driver somewhere to pick up my package. He could not rediliver the package for it would screw up his deliveries for the rest of the day!!!! I was ****ed. Met the driver in the parking lot of a grocery store and litterally wanted to kick his arse. I would have if I didn't need to get the 'stuff' in my tank ASAP.

Two other thimes the packages were not delivered due to "invalid address". Granted I just moved here. The house is 3 years old! You can't tell me that the previous owners never had a FedEx package deliverd.

It is a shame. Their service used to be top notch.

pappygonefishin2002
11/26/2004, 11:45 AM
Im still ****ed I gave em 5 hrs notice that they shipped em to Michigan, said nothing they could do till Friday! I just dont know whos friggin *** to whoppppppppppppppp

Freed
11/26/2004, 11:54 AM
They don't care, their insurance company pays for DOAs, damage, etc. They don't care one bit.

firefish2020
11/26/2004, 12:51 PM
Cliff I had one positive experience with them the rest were 100% negative. Somehow I never lost a coral though I attribute that to pure luck. One day the late delivery was due to "heavy traffic". The other one was due to "flooding at the FedEx facility� interesting side note here is that although the facility did flood, packages were being sent to a secondary facility. We explained to them that they were live animals DONT ever do this or you might get this line. They said "We dont ship live animals and that it's not our responsibility if anything did happen to them." Liveaquaria actually called them and helped them to realize that it was their responsibility because at the time they had a contract with FedEx, of course all this took hours and they were closed by the time the mess was fixed. We went to the secondary facility the next day and after another 1 hour or so of them "finding" the package we got the animals home. We did loose some hermits but that was it and LA gave us a gift certificate to make up for the mess even though it wasn’t their fault at all. I actually try to get it shipped UPS now and DHL don’t get me started on them, truth is it's never anyone’s fault (to hear their side of it) that your delivery is late or missing. In fact I can tell you many many stories of how packages get sent to Charleston for pick up at the airport only problem is it's Charleston SC :) Shipping is a joke and it's a miracle any one gets anything they order unless they personally know the driver(s) on that route.

mcox33
11/26/2004, 06:42 PM
A few weeks ago FedEx claimed my address was a bad address although they have been delivering to me at this address for 10 years now. All they did was change the address from South First Avenue to First Avenue South. The shipper paid for overnight and saturday delivery. I got the package Monday evening. Then the delivery last week was late because no one was home! While I was sitting practically by the door waiting for them . They just don't care about the customers. Anybody know any other way to ship fast??? We are open for suggestions.

pappygonefishin2002
11/26/2004, 07:17 PM
One thing I can say for ups , might have had a little damage on the box once but they have always got it delivered. Ill stick to ups from now on, I am settled down a little now....lol Not one polyp has opened on 5 rocks, looks like they are history! Its a shame

firefish2020
11/26/2004, 08:49 PM
Hey Cliff FedEx lost our ORA order this week, it came today all DOAs.

km133688
11/27/2004, 01:17 AM
I have a fed-ex station near my house: when ever I order stuff I do two things: 1) never order near a holidy or weekend, 2) use the fed-ex address as the delivery address and have the package held till I pick it up. I may be late for work, but I can pick my packages up @9:00 in the morning. I found out too that they treat business addresses different from home addresses. If I use my home address, then the package doesn't go to the station < 1 mile from my house in CT. Instead it goes 70 miles to RI which then sends a driver to CT (dumb *****). Then I won't get the stuff till 6PM. Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

pappygonefishin2002
11/27/2004, 08:40 AM
That is what i always do , hold at fedex for pickup, still 2 outta 4 times package arrived at Huntington approx 25 minutes from Charleston, then shipped to another state. Theres no reason for such pathetic mistakes, someone needs to meet me and Mr Trump in the board room where someone (WILL BE FIRED)

LowCel
11/27/2004, 08:48 AM
LOL Cliff. If it makes you feel any better UPS screwed me over yesterday. I'm not sure if it is because I recently switched my business account over to FedEx or not. I doubt that is the reason though, our local UPS driver is an extremely nice guy.

Anyway, UPS was supposed to drop off my second Tunze Stream yesterday. Unfortunately it never showed up.

Check out this detailed tracking information, maybe someone else can explain to me why it isn't in my tank right now.

Nov 25, 2004
12:17 A.M. SOUTH CHARLESTON, WV, US OUT FOR DELIVERY

Nov 24, 2004
7:42 P.M. SOUTH CHARLESTON, WV, US ARRIVAL SCAN
3:32 P.M. NEW STANTON, PA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
10:29 A.M. NEW STANTON, PA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
5:40 A.M. COLUMBUS, OH, US DEPARTURE SCAN
1:20 A.M. COLUMBUS, OH, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Nov 23, 2004
10:10 P.M. INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US DEPARTURE SCAN
7:45 P.M. INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US ORIGIN SCAN
4:52 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVE

pappygonefishin2002
11/27/2004, 09:00 AM
Bruce, you sure they are not holding it for pickup at the spring hill office across from wills pawn shop. The pony express never made such mistakes!

LowCel
11/27/2004, 09:19 AM
I have no idea what they are doing.

The truth is that they all suck, it's all about which sucks less at what time. As for DHL, I have only had one experience with them which was fine. With the exception that I live "outside their delivery area". I had to drive into Nitro to pick up my package.

km133688
11/27/2004, 11:06 AM
My mother worked as a secretary for a construction outfit many years ago. She did a lot of express mail over the years and told me that in her experience, they all had problems at one time or another, but that fedex was believe it or not, the best of the bunch. Ah well, guess thats just the way it is. I have never lost anything with fedex or ups so may I'm just real lucky. UPS tends to beat up the boxes more though I know that for sure, seems more of a trend with them, must be that big swing arm that knockks boxes into the right conveyor belt.

LowCel
11/27/2004, 11:16 AM
The most expensive loss I have had with UPS was a brand new $4,000 mountain bike that I sold a guy. It was amazing, somehow UPS managed to lose the bike but they still had the box. You figure it out....my guess is that there is a UPS employee riding around on a nice Specialized Epic somewhere.

Freed
11/27/2004, 11:17 AM
Did they reimburse you the $4,000? You had it insured, right?

LowCel
11/27/2004, 11:35 AM
I had it insured for the $3100 that I had sold it for on ebay. I didn't actually lose any money. The buyer was very understanding luckily. He was sort of bummed though since he got a great deal on the bike and I was unable to get him another one for that price. He bought it for around $3100 when it retailed for over $4,000.

firefish2020
11/27/2004, 12:55 PM
Holidays are bad for shippers I think, its amazing we get anything from mid Nov-Dec IMO.

Freed
11/27/2004, 03:34 PM
Did they reimburse you for the bike?

LowCel
11/27/2004, 03:55 PM
Yes, they reimbursed me the $3100. It was still a major inconvenience though for both me and the buyer. I had to send the buyer back his money then wait for close to a month to receive the insurance check.

BTW, when tracking it for a couple of days all it said was "exception". No explanation and no contact from UPS.

1package
11/29/2004, 11:39 AM
One of my coral shipments was not delivered due to Fog. I called Fed Ex and said "what are you talking about?" They said the fog was real bad that morning and the trucks could not make deliveries. I told them that if someone who worked for me came in and said that they were late due to fog, I would laugh in their face. Live Aquaria reimbursed me.

I think overall Fed Ex is the best plan although they have screwed me twice also. The problem is mainly your/our location. Air shipments go to Huntington then Charleston then truck delivery. The best plan as someone(s) mentioned is to avoid the holidays and pick up it up at the counter yourself (Huntington).

Shikaroka
11/30/2004, 04:57 PM
I haven't had much experience shipping fish or corals, but I have had lots with car parts. I've been screwed by them all!
I once was supposed to get an overnight package delivered to my house. Three days later I got a postcard in the mail from FedEx asking me to call them and give them directions to my house. THEY HAD MY ADDRESS! What else did they need? Even when I called the number, I had to leave my directions on an answering machine. It then took them another couple days to get me my package which I paid OVERNIGHT shipping for.
And insurance is a Joke! They almost always deny your claim. You have to fight for it.

Freed
11/30/2004, 06:02 PM
I had a $300 coral shipment claim denied by UPS that they completely destroyed. 14 coral frags DOA which I made sure I insured. Box destroyed, etc, etc. I filed a claim and so did the recipient. They denied it because the recipient filed the claim before I did.