PDA

View Full Version : New reefer needs help

redfernsoljah
11/23/2004, 12:36 AM
I got a friend interested in reefs. He has currently set up a tank and would like to ask those around with some small frags to help him get started. My corals are too few and I have not gotten to the point of being able to help him in this manner. Just thought it would be a nice thing to help to get more people interested in reefing.

On a second note I wish that my work schedule would allow me to make it to one of the meetings. I am avid yet new and hope to share much with everyone.

Thirdly why is this board so quite?

Thanks
Stephen...

redfernsoljah@comcast.net

lh
11/23/2004, 08:07 PM
Stephen,

If your friend can attend any of the meetings, there are usually some frags available (trade, sell or many are free). I should have several soft corals ready for the Jan meeting.

As for the board being quiet... I will just say that the reason we are not having a meeting until January is that everyone is so busy during the holidays. Plus there is football and the weather is beautiful right now. I would expect that things will pick back up when football and the holidays are over. Also, it will be cold, dreary and not much to do outside (can you tell I don't like winter?).

Do try and make a meeting. It is very interesting to see other members tanks and you learn a lot. As I said above, there are usually frags there as well.

Happy Holidays!!
Leo

redfernsoljah
11/23/2004, 09:00 PM
I cannot attend because I work the weekends. But, I have told him of the site and will let him know the same.

chiapet
11/24/2004, 09:18 AM
redfernsoljah,
I might be able to help out with some frags of softies. I live in Mandarin. Let me know.

redfernsoljah
11/24/2004, 12:33 PM
Chiapet ,

We both work out by mandarin at best buy at the avenues. I really appreciate your offer. Softies would be a great starting point for him. I did mean to mention that but guess that I did not. Pm me your information.

robwsup
11/30/2004, 02:21 PM
When we open in a few weeks, send him our way. We always have some little stuff that a beginning reefer might enjoy. We're in Orange Park, on College Drive.

reelfreak
12/01/2004, 05:10 PM
robwsup
looking forward to paying you a visit rob......let us know when you have opened, looking for some cool zoos......

have any plans been made for when the jan meeting will be?? i have been wanting to attend but work is in the way...with some planning i might make it happen.....

chiapet-- do you still have some ricordia you can pass off??? the holidays and work have kept me from returning the pm you sent...

also... anyone have a 30 or 40 gallon tank to sell??? i need it for a sump/refugium for a 125 so it doesn't have to be pretty!!

chiapet
12/01/2004, 11:32 PM
reelfreak,
I am sure I could spare a single polyp of ricordea.