PDA

View Full Version : Tank Shots

Hedonist
11/22/2004, 09:09 PM
I am thinking I may get a digital camera but am not sure what to look for esp when it comes to taking tank shots.. any tips or minimums I should look for in a camera.... any types to stay away from?

I really thinkk we should put together a calendar of our prized photos!!!!!!

TTYL
Denise

SaltyDogg
11/22/2004, 09:13 PM
That sounds like a really great idea Denise.....and welcome back :) :) :)

As far as which digital camera is best I can't help you there....I have a Kodak dx3900 which has done me very well....Not sure what there top of the line camera is like nowadays...

Bryan-

SOMEthinsFISHY
11/22/2004, 10:06 PM
HEY denise call me as soon as you can i have a small surprise for you that could go along with your new monster bin !!

jpg
11/23/2004, 08:53 AM
I like the SLR types. Get a camera with a good optical zoom not digital because digital is extremely grainie. A macro setting is a plus and a manual mode for setting white balance and other camera settings. The slr body type are best because you can purchase additional lenses for wide angle shots macros telescopic etc... I got the canon S1 is and it works great however in low light situations it doesnt hold up..dont know why and I cant set it correctly to get good pics in low light.

SOMEthinsFISHY
11/24/2004, 08:16 AM
stay away from the types that are not underwater safe !

SaltyDogg
11/24/2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by SOMEthinsFISHY
stay away from the types that are not underwater safe !

???????????

SOMEthinsFISHY
11/24/2004, 08:40 PM
I have to sound like i know what i am talking about from now on Bryan AND JAY insist if you are going to use an underwater camera it should be water proof !!

HOWS that ?????????

SaltyDogg
11/24/2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by SOMEthinsFISHY
I have to sound like i know what i am talking about from now on Bryan AND JAY insist if you are going to use an underwater camera it should be water proof !!

HOWS that ?????????

Underwater camera? lol no one was talking about one here.....not sure where you got that one at........

cutting
11/25/2004, 12:45 AM
Heres something that might make taking those hard shots easier:
http://www.melevsreef.com/topdown.html
plus there are useful links at the bottom.

SOMEthinsFISHY
11/25/2004, 06:11 AM
THANKS THAT WAS NICE !!