PDA

View Full Version : Attention NJCR in Central Jersey !!!!

bahrhoops
11/23/2001, 07:46 PM
We just got news from our broker that our new house is closing on Dec 31st !
So I'm asking anyone in the Cental NJ area to babysit my corals while I move , and set up/cycle a new system . I think Brian Conger can handle most or all of my SPS/clams but I need to get my softies /shrooms and some inverts in tanks as well.
I'm not sure if I'm gonna want my carpet Anemone.

I'm gonna try to hold most of my sand fish and rocks in the 55 temporarily in the new house .but I can't hold all the fish.
If you help me out we can frag out some of the stuff your holding for me as a way of paying you back.:) You may be stuck with my stuff for a while. We have alot of work to do.

Also , I'm gonna be too busy to get up to the Dec meeting so we can't do it up there.

Please respond if you can help me out !! I will need a few volounteers - and thanks !

Rovert
11/23/2001, 07:49 PM
Steve, you can count on me. I'll help out any way I can.

katspaw
11/23/2001, 07:57 PM
Hmmm. I got plenty of room in the new tank if you need it. I know I am 45 minutes away , But to help a reefer out, travel time is not a problem.:)

Tracey

Aquariust
11/24/2001, 12:36 PM
Steve I'm willing to help out any way I can. Although, remember I am only running PC's compared to your MH's.

Nagel
12/02/2001, 10:39 AM
Steve, I can offer up my limited space in the 29 for now, and we'll see how my cycle is on the 75 by that time, if its good to go, you can have all the real estate you need in there until the move is completed, that tank will be completely empty still at that time. There are som snails and pods in there now however, so its not that bad. Thats lit by 2x250w iwasakis and 2x65w pc's (8800k). My 29 has 1x175w 10k ushio and 3x15w NO 7100k actinics. I just put the rock into the 75 this past tuesday, just so you know where I am in terms of a cycle.

Heck, I may even be interested in that carpet anemone for the 75 since the 75 will be mainly softies and the anemone could be the first in and decide where he wants to stay without destroying corals in the process. Once again, we have to see how long this cycle takes. I did start a DSB in that tank with caulerpa (with pods and worms), some snails and some small hermits from my 29 in mid-september, so I'm hoping that may help cut my cycle time a bit.

jimroth
12/02/2001, 04:42 PM
Sorry, Joseph, no room at the inn. You three can sleep in the sump.

bahrhoops
12/03/2001, 06:07 PM
OK guys thanks for all the responses,
I'll be calling / PMing some of you soon as it looks like things will be going as scheduled for the house closing.Erickl I might be keeping my Anemone at Brians's place, I'll let you know.

thanks again !
-steve