PDA

View Full Version : Howdy -- reefer moving to NJ

ReefDragon
11/22/2001, 01:56 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm Jon Sanders, a reefer who's currently in Kalamazoo, MI.

It looks like my family is moving to NJ at the end of next summer. I'll be going to school, probably in California (to be a marine biologist ;)). Apparently my family wants to keep up my reef tank in NJ to remember me by or something. :) Which is fine with me, but I think they'll need some help.

Anyway, I'm the recording secretary for the West Michigan Marine Aquarium Club, too. I look forward to hopefully stopping by a meeting sometime next year and meeting y'all!

Take care everyone,
-Jon

Rovert
11/22/2001, 02:22 PM
John, love the 'occupation'!!!

Welcome to our hornet's nest. :D

Hopefully you can make it to at least a few of our meetings. We're a fun, and lively (understatement) group, and all get along when we're together (believe it or not...).

Looking forward to meeting you in person!

katspaw
11/22/2001, 02:46 PM
I couldn't have said it better robert,
Yes do come and join us when your in the state and tell the family if this are interested or need help, just contact us and someone will be glad offer asisstance. We really do get along in person for some reason, online HMMMM most of the time. I think we are just too into our hobby and our club( understatement). You get the idea.

Tracey

ReefDragon
11/22/2001, 06:08 PM
Excellent! :D I wish WMMAC was a little more active... I'm working on that. :) It sounds like you have some pretty sweet reef shops around there... I wish I could make the December meeting. Been looking at the web site...

Anyhow, thanks for the awesomely postive reception. I'll leave it to y'all to infect my parents with the reefer bug after I'm off in college. ;-) I'll expect at least a 180 by the time I come back for winter break.

Thanks again,
-Jon

Nagel
12/02/2001, 10:47 AM
We'll do our best (to get you a 180), but you gotta do your part too! I gotta say, I've only been to two meetings so far, but I've met quite a few of the active people in the club, and we are a blast to hang out with. Diverse amount of information between us, and we are lucky to have a coral farmer among us as well (Brian of Atlantis Aquatics). I think you AND your parents will find us quite a lively bunch with ALOT of enthusiasm for our hobby.

Welcome aboard!