PDA

View Full Version : Good Shops

hatchetwoond
11/19/2004, 10:49 PM
Whats up Richmond Reefers! Any of you located in or near Virginia Beach/Norfolk area? I'm in town in December and looking for some good shops to check out.

prop-frags
11/20/2004, 08:07 AM
I've heard that Fish Safari (http://www.fishsafari.com/) is a great store down there in tidewater. I've not been yet.

AQUAN8TOR
11/20/2004, 08:56 PM
Fish Safari is an excellent store!! I've acquired several pieces there in the past. Very high quality inventory, and lots of emphasis on propagation.

mr294
11/20/2004, 08:58 PM
3 votes for fish safari!

bobherbertperry
11/21/2004, 08:00 PM
i add a vote for fish safari and their extensive coral collection, make sure you talki to leroy he's the only one who knows the prices...you will buy something so be prepared...

morphx
12/01/2004, 10:26 AM
I used to live right down the road from fish safari and knew quite a few established reefers that loved Leroy and his store.

Leroy is a marine biologist but everyone on his staff is extremly knowledgeable and if they don't know they won't BS around and tell you they don't know then go get the staff member thats the expert in that area.

If you want to see some fun go there when he's cleaning out his front display tank. Queenie the Queen Trigger Fish can get might ****y when someone sticks their hands in to scrub.