PDA

View Full Version : Galaxea Problem

UnderwaterExotic
11/19/2004, 07:14 PM
We have seen a place one before that had an awesome Galaxea, but can not remeber where. It was more than just the regular green ones you see . It had all different colors in it? Do you know where i can find this online???

birdie
11/22/2004, 08:51 PM
You can try liveaquaria.com petsolutions.com caquarium.com ffexpress.com. any body know of any others

milhouse74
11/23/2004, 01:47 AM
drmaccorals.com if you dont see it on the site, call him. he has a lot at his retail location you dont see on the site.

By the way, Galaxia can be one of the nastier corals to others as far as sweepers go, be careful with placement.

David

idua
11/23/2004, 01:07 PM
As milhouse74 said, Galaxia is a “nasty� coral. Even though the sweeper tentacles did not touch other corals in my tank I had to remove it and return it. All neighboring corals were exhibiting tissue lose and would not open up. At the beginning I didn’t know what the problem was and when I moved to the other side of the tank corals stared to recover. However, those on the other side began to shrivel up and lose tissue. As soon as I removed Galaxia from my tank everything started going back to normal. It is a beautiful coral and I rally liked it but I almost lost half of my coral stock so be careful when you add it to your tank.

milhouse74
11/23/2004, 05:48 PM
idua, I suspect your galaxia was attacking under the cover of darkness.

David

idua
11/24/2004, 12:06 AM
Well, this is the weird part. Over the weekend I spent half (on the plus side) of the night in front of my tank and the coral actually had all sweeper tentacles retracted. Anyway, it is out of my tank and everything is slowly coming back to normal.