PDA

View Full Version : wnna hear sumthin screwed up

H2OLUVSME
11/19/2004, 06:40 PM
well i get home from work yesterday, walked straight to the tank, per ususal. as im checking out what looks to be some new polyps, i kneel down beside the tank...............my knee went into a puddle. calmly, i check out the inside of the stand. everything is wet. my test kit box and the littlle cards that tell you the reading are the only losses. everything else was in plastic containers, so no problems there. well i check and the bottom back corner of the sump is wet. the water also seemed to be gathered up at that end of the stand. so i concluded that that is where the leak is coming from. i proceeded to take apart the sump. first my heater, then the skimmer. i used my return ph to fill a bucket and placed all the LR into it. i couldnt transfer over all the worms that were crawling on the glass and on the bottom :( im pretty bummed about that. well anywho, i have a ten gallon set up in my home office, which now has an extra 20 lbs (approx.) of LR in it. i then took the sump, with the remaining water, out to the garage. i left the water in there to make sure the sump was the culprit. i came home from work today to find all of my corals and crabs, and shrimp, and fish to be doing well :D boy im lucky, i thought. the water level had dropped about an inch or so. i felt around the back corner of the stand (where i found the majority of the water last night) and there was a trail leading up to the bottom of the tank :(:(:(:mad2: :mad2: :furious: i dont know what to do now. i just went and filled up the 75 i bought from rick, for a leak test, but it will be a few days before i can empty out this tank right. i can take the corals to my 75 at work (currently empty) and i dont have the water to fill a 75 nor do i have my sump set up yet. the main problem is that i have to put the sump in before i can set the tank because it wont fit through the doors.

well here is my plan. i guess ill take the corals fish and inverts to my other tank, though im gonna play hell to ever get my fish back :( set up the 75. buy some LR to go with what i have (rpierce *cough*cough*) if i can find a good deal somewhere and get that sucka cyclin'.

if any one who has a 30 gallon available let me know. ill need to get it tommorrow so i can place the tank sunday (at the latest). ive got about 35 gallons worth of jugs, ill be taking to steven's tommorow for fill up. if any one has any jugs they can spare it would be a great help. if y'all have any advice for saving SW soaked carpet please reveal the secret. if any one wants to help move and fill a tank late saturday or sunday please let me know.

maybe i can keep the fish and shrimp in my 10 gallon til i get her running. if i use all cured rock it shouldnt be a problew, cause i am putting about 80 pouns from my 29. all ill need is about 2030 to fill her out.

thanks for listening to my story, sorry for typos, wife just got home with food so ill have to go and eat without proofing.

landon

bugshop
11/19/2004, 07:21 PM
That SUCKS Landon,

What do you need?
Or what can I do?

Timmy

H2OLUVSME
11/19/2004, 07:31 PM
you dont have a old 30 you wanna sell do ya?

i just talked to rick and he says he has a few buckets i can use. if you have jugs (with lids) that would be better though. i have no pickup so i transport water in my trunk :)

ill be sealing some baffles in the 30 i get (prolly from coastline:() and then moving the tank into my dining room, from the garage. if your free tommorow afternoon i could prolly use a hand.

BTW, did you get my PM?...................do you mind? i actually saved it to my desktop allready, but was waiting for permission to use it :D.

landon

bugshop
11/19/2004, 07:36 PM
I Replied to your Pm via email
No I do not mind

I do not have a 30 ...Just gave one away when I moved.
I do have 2 IO buckets w/lids you can use.

What time do you want to do this?
I should be able to help.

Timmy

bugshop
11/19/2004, 07:39 PM
If you didn't get the Email You can
R click on it and save to your computer.

Timmy

H2OLUVSME
11/19/2004, 07:50 PM
thanks timmy i allready saved it to my desktop, ill change mine soon. im supposed to have a golf tournament tom. im trying to line up a replacement as i sop up H20 rom my carpet. if i get a replacement ill prolly sleep in a little and get started about 10 or so. ill PM you my number and you can give me a call when your free. first thing, ill need to get the sump set up, so ill need the buckets and manpower about mid-day or so.

thanks for offering.

landon

rjwilson37
11/19/2004, 11:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem, these kinds of things suck and I hope your able to work through it ok.

Good Luck!

H2OLUVSME
11/20/2004, 09:37 AM
thanks rj,
it sounds like im going to have a little help today. hopefullt al will gop well. i may try a total tank switch over...animals and all.

landon

phishguy78
11/21/2004, 05:10 PM
well landon how did everything go with that change over hope it went good call me at store and let me know whats going on ok

H2OLUVSME
11/22/2004, 08:55 AM
well late last night i transfered all the animals over. everything is going good so far. it was so late by the time i acclimated everything that i didnt get to break down the leaky tank though. today i will siphon out the water and tranfer it over to my new sump, which i have to plumb first. ill go and get a return pump today. my wife grabbed the hose i need for plumbing from her work saturday, so i should be good to go after late tonight.

i do have to say thanks to joe and timmy who offered advice and buckets, water, pumps and various other things.

thanks to steve for some baffles and special pricing on the sump. ill be seeing you for a return pump today if you want to help me out sumore ;)

and a HUGE thanks to rick for offering countless items, the greatest to include manpower. rick helped me place the stand, place the tank, and fill the tank. THANKS rick!! he also offered up ph's, a return pump, buckets, heaters, etc. etc. etc....

landon

H2OLUVSME
11/22/2004, 09:38 AM
my tank went from this
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/609952004-11-16_007b_small.jpg

to this
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/609952004-11-22_025_small.jpg

in less than 24 hours. the second pic isnt all that good. i turned the lights out last night after adding te animals so this pic is from this morning before lights on. ill get some more pics to night so you ca nsee the full transformation. i also have play by play pics. thanks again to all who volunteered help.

landon

bugshop
11/22/2004, 05:17 PM
Looks good Landon:)
What kind of corals are you planning to put in it?

Timmy

phishguy78
11/22/2004, 10:10 PM
your more than welcome landon if you need anything else let me know ok man tank looks good to be empty ha ha ha

H2OLUVSME
11/23/2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by bugshop
Looks good Landon:)
What kind of corals are you planning to put in it?

Timmy

currently i have a few morphs of shrooms rics and zoas. i plan to add mostly zoos. sarah wants us to add some xenia, or finger leather, or something of the sort. i just want to focus mainly on collecting odd color zoos as i can find them. i also plan to add 1 or 2 more colors of shrooms and i want to find some blue ricordia. htere are a bunch of LPS im interested in also. i like the favite brains, blastomussa, ancathastreea (sp?), to name a few.

Originally posted by phishguy78
your more than welcome landon if you need anything else let me know ok man tank looks good to be empty ha ha ha

its not empty. all that stuff from the 29 is in there. :lmao: it sure looks emty though.

ill get some pics up over the weekend with the lights on. i plumbed and started up the sump last night, so it was a little cloudy. my rock actually does a good job i filling it up. i plan on adding some TBS in a couple of weeks to fill out my tank.

landon

bugshop
11/23/2004, 04:53 PM
[i] sarah wants us to add some xenia, or finger leather, or something of the sort. i just want to focus mainly on collecting odd color zoos as i can find them. [/B]

I've got a few things for ya:D

Timmy

H2OLUVSME
11/23/2004, 05:10 PM
TY ;)